Truly sorry fellas...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston OBoogie

David John Hinson here.
As a few of you older members still on here, and who probably remember me from 2004 - 2009 will know, I seriously f**ked up about 5 years ago...  I became a Grand Theft Felon. 
Things had been going downhill for several years beforehand and, in hindsight, it seems inevitable now that I would sooner or later get locked up, in one place or another.  I was not a well man. 

But I have no excuses, I take full responsibility for my crimes.  I am sorry.

I apologise also for dragging this up so long after the fact, for taking so long to come clean.  All I can say to that is that the brain is so very complicated that it can take lots of trials and errors  in exploring and looking for the best fix. 

Anyway, I have no financial means, or moral right, to be building audio kit.  But I would like the opportunity to join in the discussion on here when I can?  The quest for new, better, different ways to capture and reproduce  sound  still intrigues.
But I understand if I am not welcome.

Again, I'm sorry.

D.J,H.

Everyone screws up at one time or another in their lives, but not everyone has the grace to apologise.

Welcome back

DaveP

Thank you for the replies gents, I'm really humbled and appreciative of the welcome.
It's also nice nice to see some old familiar names are still here amongst the, now quite, massive crowd of devotees and enthusiastic members.
I've been reading and catching up a bit with what's going on and there are some staggeringly good projects around here these days! I hope I can contribute?  Although I may actually be asking more questions if anything as my memory isn't really what it was.

I guess if there are any questions or issues relating to my darker past that come up, may be it's best to keep them here so as not to clutter up the audio related cyclopedia in the other sub forums?  Anyway, onwards and upwards...

With that, I'm off to read some topics, cheers  :)

Winston O'Boogie said:
I guess if there are any questions or issues relating to my darker past that come up, may be it's best to keep them here so as not to clutter up the audio related cyclopedia in the other sub forums?  Anyway, onwards and upwards...
I seriously doubt any of that is our business. You did what you did, paid your societal debt, and have obviously learned from it, so you're square here.

Welcome!

Mike

Not sure what went down, but it does take a strong person to own up and apologize. I know I've benefitted from your TG limiter knowledge and posts in the past, so welcome back.

Sir
Some of us lucked out and just never got caught.  Luck, that is all.  I shudder to think of the would've and  could've's.  And even though these days our prespective and lives are so radically different that it is sometimes unthinkable to believe who we ever once were, we do not forget where we were; unless we want to finally get what we "deserve".
Welcome back again
Cheers
Dylan

Winston O'Boogie said:
Anyway, I have no financial means, or moral right, to be building audio kit.

Say what? We need moral rights nowadays? Damn. Than I am out :) And probably most of this forum.
"successful people forgive, forget and apologize".  I have come to known the people out here as pretty successful in this respect. And from your post, it looks like you are one of us. Good you are here.

Cheers

Erik

erikb1971 said:
Say what? We need moral rights nowadays? Damn. Than I am out :)

Haha  :D
Well you don't Erik.
I guess I meant professionally, that career has gone for me now.
Personally, yes I need to build some kit.  One thing at a time: I need a set of speakers, an amp to build, a source, mic, preamp, etc., etc.
So it begins  :)

Back