Truly sorry fellas...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this thread...most of the people who post here are semi-gods to me, I struggle with some of the most basics of electronics understanding...I had no idea of some of the battles with just basic living conditions that several have revealed...its both humbling and amazing.

I will say this to all...our value cannot possibly be determined by anything we have or have not, in this particular arena the knowledge that is freely passed out is quantum level riches...

As Anne Frank once said "No one has ever become poor by giving"...

People who change and the people who accept them are the basis for all future generations...this is "Moores Law" applied to society...the rate of increase in societal change will double for every person who makes a change and is accepted in a positive trajectory.

iomegaman said:
Wow this thread...most of the people who post here are semi-gods to me, I struggle with some of the most basics of electronics understanding...

Heya,
your whole post was inspirational and nice to read so, thanks :)

I wanted to address the bit I quoted above by saying that we've all been at the same level of understanding as you feel you're at now. 
In my particular case, I have had no formal education related to electronics, my further education was purely in Music.   
And as is probably obvious, I'm in no way a genius at this stuff. But I do OK. 
I started by reading a ton of books after I quit playing music.  Most I didn't understand at first but I kept going back to them over the years and on the 6th, 7th, or umpty-ninth read you realize that you're starting to grasp it!  It's much easier now to find information now than it was when I was looking for info so you've got a head start there.

If it's any consolation, I ended up needing minor brain surgery about 9 years ago (for frontal lobe epilepsy) and one of the side effects I noticed was that I forgot a whole bunch of stuff so, in a lot of ways I'm not much farther along - if any- than you are in the journey.

Anyway, cheers :)

P.S.  I'm just gonna quote the rest of your reply since I think it contains some beautiful thoughts: 

iomegaman said:
I will say this to all...our value cannot possibly be determined by anything we have or have not, in this particular arena the knowledge that is freely passed out is quantum level riches...

As Anne Frank once said "No one has ever become poor by giving"...

People who change and the people who accept them are the basis for all future generations...this is "Moores Law" applied to society...the rate of increase in societal change will double for every person who makes a change and is accepted in a positive trajectory.

Latest posts

Back