U47 & C12 DIY Microphone Kit, Capsules CK12 K47 K67 K87 & Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DIY mic do you prefer?

• Neumann U47 DIY

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neumann U67 DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neumann U87 DIY

• Telefunken ELA-M 251 DIY

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AKG C12 DIY

• Total voters
micandmod said:
Graph said:
Hi, one more question, now the body includes the capsule for 200 euros?

thank you!

Hi,
Yes, the M-87 is included with capsule MK-7, electronics, transformers and shockmount for 199 euros.
Best :)
Oh... great! ordering as soon as i can then :)

Edit: Already ordered from your page :)

Graph said:
micandmod said:
Graph said:
Hi, one more question, now the body includes the capsule for 200 euros?

thank you!

Hi,
Yes, the M-87 is included with capsule MK-7, electronics, transformers and shockmount for 199 euros.
Best :)
Oh... great! ordering as soon as i can then :)

Edit: Already ordered from your page :)

Your order is shipping from France tomorrow morning;) sorry for the delay.

For many questions in relation to the availability of microphones M-12 and M-47, they will be available next Monday.

Quantities will be limited to a few microphones per day :) To avoid being overwhelmed in shipments.

You can now see the product detail of our M-47 microphone with sound samples : http://micandmod.com/theshop/en/tube-microphones/34-microphone-m-47-premium.html
The M-12 detail is being created.

Thank you for your patience ;)

mica said:
Is there a builders thread for the DIY U87 kit? Or something close :) ?

Good idea  :)
There is already the thread from Poctop: : http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48030.0
But it's true that there is nothing about the body of the M-87 microphone, etc..
I will make it as soon as we have a little more time ;)

Hi,

Just back in France i was right to order the DIY87 kit, but noticed a warning about figure-8 directivity. What is it about ? Poctop doesn't mention any problem of that kind in his build thread.

Potikinawah said:
Hi,

Just back in France i was right to order the DIY87 kit, but noticed a warning about figure-8 directivity. What is it about ? Poctop doesn't mention any problem of that kind in his build thread.

Hi,
Apparently some customers during installation, don't have pattern Figure 8.
I'm trying to see with Poctop to solve this problem. I know that some customers are not bothered because they primarily use cardioid and omni directional.
I'll let you know.
Best.

micandmod said:
mica said:

There is already the thread from Poctop: : http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48030.0
But it's true that there is nothing about the body of the M-87 microphone, etc..

Im nearly done with my U87 kit.
I would very much like to see the capsule installation. Both mounting and wiring, and the wiring in general on the PCB. The kit is great by the way, but as i said really missing a detailed builders thread like there is for the C12 project.

mica said:
micandmod said:
mica said:

Im nearly done with my U87 kit.
I would very much like to see the capsule installation. Both mounting and wiring, and the wiring in general on the PCB. The kit is great by the way, but as i said really missing a detailed builders thread like there is for the C12 project.

Yes, the build thread is in preparation.
You can send me an email so I can send pictures of the wiring of the capsule : [email protected]
Best.

Hi,
The M-12/Premium and M-47/Premium are now ready to ship !
Thank you for your waiting and messages :)
Best.
Yannick

Did Poctop sent you a feedback about the problem concerning figure-8 pattern ?

About M12-Premium and M47-Premium, which transformers do you use inside ?

Potikinawah said:
Did Poctop sent you a feedback about the problem concerning figure-8 pattern ?

About M12-Premium and M47-Premium, which transformers do you use inside ?

Yes Potikinawah, we are preparing a change announcements.
There was actually a little confusion over the capsule which is a K67. To make everything clear, we are changing the appellation of the capsule MK-87 in MK-67 premium. The real MK-87 will be available in a few weeks.
After seeing with Poctop,the kit requires a 4 wires capsule, but can also be used with a K67 capsule (Neumann U87Ai). Simply, only the cardioid and omnidirectionnnel pattern are functionnal.
I know many people don't use this pattern or less more. The Fig 8 is mostly used for stereo pairs blumlein (which I don't like so much personnaly, even if it is supposed to be more natural ; I recorded a lot of Steinway grand piano with stereo pair, and always use the AB technic).

Best.
Yannick

micandmod said:
The Fig 8 is mostly used for stereo pairs blumlein (which I don't like so much personnaly, even if it is supposed to be more natural ; I recorded a lot of Steinway grand piano with stereo pair, and always use the AB technic).

Best.
Yannick
....and don't forget ms-techniques,my favourite in a lot of situations when it comes to big sounds (don't know the english word for this,in german it is "Klangkörper") like choirs etc.
I did this several times successfully on stuff like the Carmina Burana (Orff).

Cheers,

Udo ;)

kante1603 said:
micandmod said:
The Fig 8 is mostly used for stereo pairs blumlein (which I don't like so much personnaly, even if it is supposed to be more natural ; I recorded a lot of Steinway grand piano with stereo pair, and always use the AB technic).

Best.
Yannick
....and don't forget ms-techniques,my favourite in a lot of situations when it comes to big sounds (don't know the english word for this,in german it is "Klangkörper") like choirs etc.
I did this several times successfully on stuff like the Carmina Burana (Orff).

Cheers,

Udo ;)

Hi Udo,
I know this technic :)
But it seems to me that it requires four microphones.
It should to heat the soldering iron for build more mics haha
Best.

micandmod said:
Hi Udo,
I know this technic :)
But it seems to me that it requires four microphones.
It should to heat the soldering iron for build more mics haha
Best.
Hahaha....yes!
Last time I recorded this piece we had it split into three(!) choirs,so roughly 120 people.
That was huge!!!
I used two USM69's and one SM69fet (the originals).
Therefore your calculation might be wrong because you need six ;D

Have fun,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Last time I recorded this piece we had it split into three(!) choirs,so roughly 120 people.
That was huge!!!
I used two USM69's and one SM69fet (the originals).

I'd be curious to hear the result  8)
Best.
Yannick

what happened to your website? Says no longer available

NEVER MIND FOUND IT

I would just like to buy the U87 mic with the mount and bag but I don't see them separate on the site. Do I just send you a pm for that?

Back