What to do with all these parts!?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abecedarian

In 2005, I started on several journeys with a lot of enthusiasm. Well, almost six years later I'm taking a look at what I have.
I purchased (2) of the Tommytones 1081 project -  includes stuff I acquired in a group buy of N*ve looking knobs, Carnhill xfrms, inductors, pcbs, those really expensive pots whose manufacturer name I forget,  et all. I remember this all costing a lot of money at the time.
I also bought (2) Grayhill Rotary Switches. For which project they are, I know not anymore.
I purchased (2) G7 mic capsules and stands.
I have (2) Fred Forsell 992 things. 
I have PCBs for (2) Green Pres, (2) Fred Forsell opto comps, (2) of Canil's 1272s and (2) Bauman 312 APIs.

What did I actually build/finish?  One great sounding, very quiet G1176 with Lundahl transformers on the in and out.  That's it.  :-\ Its broken now but I intend to fix it. I started a second one before the first one broke and it's 75% done. But let me not digress as I usually do here, or usually did here.

Well, I have the DIY bug again and I happen to need/want some gear for a project I will be recording this coming year. I need a N*ve mic pre and eq like the original 1064 I used to have (Man, that thing sounded sweet). I also need a nice sounding compressor - I intend to fix the G1176 for that job.  I can afford to buy a mic pre and eq but I thought about it and I think I need to do something with the 10 Carnhill transformers I have. 

I have (4) Carnhill VTB 9045s; (2) VTB 9046s; (2) VTB 9057s - L02567; and (2) VTB 1148s - all made in December and January of 2004. I have the inductors as well - (4) that were for the 1081.

So, again, I need a N8vish sounding pre, eq would be nice, and compression.  I was thinking about trying out different scenarios.  Can I fit some of these Carnhill Xfrms in a G1176 for out put and input? I'm not into transparency.  I like colored sound so I thought this might be interesting.  Also, I have been looking at EZ1290 threads an wonder if I can use stuff I have listed above for this project or should I go the Canil 1272 route? Can I use the Carnhills for the API, 312 or Green pre?  Will any of this stuff work in the EZ e.q. thats being made? I'm trying to use up this stuff that's sitting around.  I don't foresee me having the time to finish the 1081 project at least not in the next decade. 

hi, i think you can use some xfrms if they have the same ratio for the respective projects. i don't know the specifications for your Carnhill but maybe it can do the trick.

I'll make two Tommytones 1081 project in 2011.
I'm looking for buy the inductors, pcbs and the Grayhill Rotary Switches for the 1081s.
I ready to buy this items to you if you need money for finish and build some other projects

Here is my mail ganeshdrummers(at)hotmail.fr
Creal

Hi.

If you are looking to get rid of the Neve knobs I would love to buy them from you.
If you just need a Neve type pre I would look into the Onlymee 500 series pre and maybe add the 1084 eq if you need that.
Not sure if you are into the 500 series though.

I've decided to sell everything.  Not sure if I want to bother parting out or dealing with eBay. I just don't have time to build stuff anymore. I wish I did.  I guess I should post this news on the Black Market page... buying a 1064 Monday and moving on with life. Thanks for everything guys...

i didnt see a thread in blackmarket and im not sure how you'll decide to spit items up but i am interested in the 2 carnhil lvtb9045s
if you'll sell them separately how much are you asking for them? and where are you located? thanks  c vought 
pm me.

abecedarian said:
I've decided to sell everything.  Not sure if I want to bother parting out or dealing with eBay. I just don't have time to build stuff anymore. I wish I did.  I guess I should post this news on the Black Market page... buying a 1064 Monday and moving on with life. Thanks for everything guys...

Hi abecedarian
i'm ok for buy  the two Tommytones 1081 project.
Pm'ed

Id be interested in some of the 1081 switches if you decide to split the projects.

What capsules do you have for the G7 project, Pelusos?

Tried to pm you but your inbox is full....  ;D

Merry Christmas to all,

Anders

I'm calculating what all this is worth.  I'm leaning towards selling it whole.  What you don't want/need, you can sell, trade, etc... Once I come up with a number, I'll post in BM.

I'm guessing the rotary greyhill switches were got the R312 pcb's. Especially if it's a 1x12 shorting type. There $15-25 depending on supplier, and three members sell them in there storefronts.

If you ended up with Neve 1081 switches from the early group buy from BE and need some help with the pricing I can help you out on that front a little as I helped organize a buy 2 years ago. Let me know if you need a ballpark number for the switches, as there expensive as hell in one and two quantities.

Good luck with your sales.

All pricing are from 10/08.

Elma Rotarys
1x
1 off = $86
1000 Pieces = $52.75

other Stuff
1x Filter Switch
1 off = 84 GBP
25 Pieces = 48 GBP
100+ = 22 GBP

2x B/T
1 off = 56 GBP
25 Pieces = 33 GBP
100+ = 16 GBP

2xU/L Press
1 off = 42 GBP
25 Pieces = 17 GBP
100+ = 12 GBP

Typical group buys seem to fall between 100+ and 25+ pricing's. The stuff is rare, but hopefully you can pass on some good stuff to one of us here than shoveling it on eBay. If your pricing is good I think it would be easy to be gone today. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

I'm interested in the grayhill switches for my Bauman 312 pres. pm'd
What country are you from ?

I've recently made a G1176, Lundahl input and Siemens ELA output.
Any 1:1 or 1:2 output transfo can be tried for some colour.

ward said:
I'm interested in the grayhill switches for my Bauman 312 pres. pm'd
What country are you from ?

I've recently made a G1176, Lundahl input and Siemens ELA output.
Any 1:1 or 1:2 output transfo can be tried for some colour.

You can also get them in the white market threads as well... Orange86 for one... Owel for two, Collin at audiomaintenace for three...

Latest posts

Back