• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB EMI TG Style gain Reduction meters

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fablab

Hello, I am searching for a couple of EMI TG style Gain reduction meters

These meters came in pairs, since the needles moved in opposite directions.  You should specify which one you have / want.
Best,
Bruno2000

Thank you, I understand but I prefer to buy a single unit
Have a nice weekend
Fab

Hi,
I am interested in pair of TG style meters if you have for sale. How much for pair?

Regards,
Damir

kishibashi said:
I'm willing to sell as a pair, don't want to be stuck with just one.

TG Meter - substitution info
I read that a 2.4mA meter is required but is there any chance of using an easy available 1mA sifam meter ?

Yep, easy. Just an adjustable shunt - take about 22r resistor connected in series with 200r multiturn trimpot; than connect them in parallel to your meter.

Feed some voltage thru appropriate variable resistor (for 5V, the 2.4mA current will be at 2.083 Kohm);monitor the current with milliamp meter (Fluke at 20mA range) and adjust the shunt for FSD (full scale deflection, 100%)when the current is exactly 2.4 mA. For this purpose, 2k083 resistor (may bit vary due to total resistance of shunt and meter)
done from 1k5 resistor and 2k potentiometer, connected in-series. Adjust 2.4 ma - adjust FSD - readjust 2.4ma - readjust FSD - done.

Thank you for the information electrochronic!
Eventually I will not find the spare one I am searching it may be a solution
Have a nice weekend

Latest posts

Back