Gates STA-Level Recovery time MOD?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way to post a PDF? If not, I will have to scan this when I get home tonight... Tim

EDIT: added photo. Comment: I don't know if the guy who came up with this was an accomplished "modgician" or if this was his first attempt at such a thing. As I said at the fastest settings there was trouble, so some more experimenting is in order.

StaLevelmod.jpg

[quote author="cannikin"]The manual is for a M-5167 Sta-Level.

I don't know how many versions Gates Made.. if they did make more than one[/quote]

That was always the # for the Sta-Level. Lots of Gates products have names in the catalogs, but only the M- or MO- on the actual unit(?). And the M- or MO- isn't printed in tthe catalog(?). You really have to have a manual to get both pieces of info in the same place usually.

The problem is that I have to take my unit out from the studio to check the mods. My attack and release values where choosen by carefull listening.

As I said, I did no used the schem posted in this thread. I ended using a pot (as a reostat) for the attack, and a switch for both release resistors (2 pole, six position if I recall). Of course, I should have taken notes, but what can I do now?... :?

There is not much to it. make the attack resistor R35 a 10k resistor in series with a 250k-500k pot. And use a 2P6T rotary switch to set R36 and R37 for different release times using the table I posted in the first page. This way, you keep the circuit in a very original state, and mantain the DUAL/SINGLE switch thingy.

Got it?

Latest posts

Back