Hill Consoles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Larrchild"]I paid $100 for this. Which one is it?
Should I fix it up?
Or would that make me the Fool on the Hill?[/quote]
Depends what you want to do.

That type was used a lot for live work... but nobody's beating a path to people's doors to buy them.

You want to fix it up and... ? If it's to sell, never put more in than you can get out, and much better if you put in rather less than you can get out. If you won't get much out, don't put ANYTHING in.

How quiet are the mic inputs? I always remember a little background noise, and nothing's all that stellar with the unit, so whatchawannado?

I recommend pimping it. -Of course in 15 years' time when it's "Chic, Clique and Boutique" and rare to own a Hill console, you'll be driving North to burn down my house. -But by then I'll know that the world is mad, and I'll be ready to burn in it.

Stop.

It won't be long.

Keith

I had 3 ideas regarding this.
Since it's 5534's, change 2 eq bands to be sweepable. Redesign the eq and mic pre a little and up the headroom.

or, use it as a control surface for my tube console cause it's thin and put the tubes under in a pillar below the back.

Use it as a frame and make some cool pcb's and stuff them with the larr' dsigned input module design.

I'll ponder. I do like the frame.

Larrchild said:
I had 3 ideas regarding this.
Since it's 5534's, change 2 eq bands to be sweepable. Redesign the eq and mic pre a little and up the headroom.

How are you thinking of doing this? What can you do to increase headroom?

or, use it as a control surface for my tube console cause it's thin and put the tubes under in a pillar below the back.

This sounds cooler though...

Changing gain structure and assuring a high headroom ACN and bus out amp is the plan there.

Converting a few of the eq bands to be freq sweeps for the adjacent knob is the plan there. Giving up 2 bands but getting more range on the others.

Well here are some shots of the Concept.
one.jpg

two.jpg

One question I have is why there are empty sockets here? Any ideas what is not on the board that is provided for?
3.jpg

4.jpg

Anyway, here is all this stuff. Still seeking any help anyone has.

Latest posts

Back