Hey! Anyone Game?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone of you skillful techs might be game in taking a shot at modding my......... Behringer.. :oops: 2-Buss compressor?
For pay of course! It's one of the "older" Behringer compressor that has thru-hole topolgy. Its called the Master-Com MDX-4000. It's true stereo and actually has decent features ( for the money). Your typical low end components limits its performance (IMHO) So... any takers? If so PM me and we can go from there. Thanks ahead of time!

[quote author="kubi"]Draw the schem, post it and we all gladly do it all together for free.[/quote] Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm not efficent enough with computer, camera, or soldering iron to accomplish this! :oops: I'm a musician/songwriter that knows just enough about DIY to be interested. Thats why I commented on "paying for your skills". Is there any other way this can be accomplished to get this thing modded, without me having hand-on duties? BTW...what's those things that look like pills with stripes around them?.. :? ... :green:

Um, I think you are talking about resistors... I think Poly Caps look like candy, esp WIMA's, nice RED and BLUE ones, I've often wondered how they taste...

Back OT, if you are interested in DIY why not start working on a project? There are various boards for sale and an encyclopedia of knowledge here and in the META's would be a good place to start.

After you have got a better understanding of how things work, you could mod the comp yourself, or at least have enough knowledge to ask the questions here.

When I found this forum I had no idea what the various components were, what they did, or how they worked, and having been here for the better half of a year I've built some cool stuff and have learnt SO much.

So what are you waiting for....

Matt

[quote author="Viitalahde"]Yeah, build something. The GSSL compressor would be a nice, simple start and actually usable.

Those B*hringer boards are a bitch to solder/unsolder.. unless it is single-sided?[/quote] Ok then. What basic tools do you all recommend me having to start out with? Where do I start with this GSSL ( where do I get the board?) Do it come with instructions, etc.? Hey..... I see you laughing!.. :evil:

Check in Meta link at the top of the forum. You'll see a section on the GSSL. There's a ton of information in there about the build. Do some reading, and get a basic/good understanding of what to do.

I have a detailed parts list that you can use as a basis for your parts.

Back