1081 Parts Info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Slenderchap"]Would you like me to see if we can do something similar to our Carnhill arrangement ?

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com[/quote]

No. I don't think so, but thanks. We are having a private discussion at the moment behind the scenes about organizing a group buy.

Unlike the last Carnhill group buy which was based on a flawed payment premise, we should be OK this time. And would appreciate the chance to move ahead with it. Let us see what we can do first, please.

Unless you'll be able to offer the 50x pricing or better, I don't think it will be competitive.

Third reason, we're trying to keep the noise and level of attention as low profile as possible on this subject, lest we waken a sleeping giant who may wish to interfere and block us all. The fewer inquiries, the better. :wink:

Hello,

I'm currently doing the 1081 Diy, i have a question regarding 2 resistors from the NRG rev 7 : R20 and R 21.
The resistors are connected between P4 and P7.  And i do not find such resistors on Neve schematics.

Why did you add such resistor ? what are their purpose ?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Ephrem

R30 on rev 7 = 15 K

Hoxever,  on Neve schematics, R15 (= R30 rev 7) seems to be 30 K. It is not so easy to read the right value on this old schematics.

Anybody confirm that ?

Wow, Ephrem, slow down...

I think R20&21 can be omitted. These would be connected serial from line tx to the gain switch.
I couldn’t see these on old 1081 PCB’s pics. I have no idea how they got there.

The R30 should indeed be 30k instead of 15k.

According to original schematics R5 on BA340 should be 2k7.
On Frank's layout rev.7 2k7 is mentioned. R5 is on the right side of the board.

Keep them coming...  ;D

Please someone have an actual full updated
"X81" project bom list , and pcb parts layout "error free" ?
(i'm going hardly crazy  :'(  )
thanks 6T9R
ps
A my friend that work in a PA service
he told me the Neve have released a new version of ba312 and others opamps pcbs
with different layout , for use bc184L and some other new component version.
anyone know something about?

Just finished the bom, spent 10-15 hours to check every component ......

do you have switch and pot for me ?

Ephrem said:
Just finished the bom, spent 10-15 hours to check every component ......

do you have switch and pot for me ?
about gain input rotary switch it is an elma 24 position gold plated
for eq rotary switches i have seen some much similar to the original
at rs components,
i take a look and post some code for check if they can be what we looking for
6T9R
ps can you post bom?
(also a link for down it)

as by tororojo:

The eq/solo/ph switches are just ITT F series switches.  I custom made mounting brackets with a dremel and some pliers. 

................note:
I've didn't wire up the 68k1 and 12k resistors, I soldered the gain switch directly to the transformers instead of going through P6 and P7, and the problem only occurs at the +15 line setting.  It should be very easy to track down.
-----
6T9R

Latest posts

Back