Level of difficulty...building a Bloo LA-2A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vocomotion

I've searched the forums here and I haven't found what I'm looking for...I apologize if this topic has already been discussed...

How hard is it to build a Bloo LA-2A? I've got good clean soldering skills and a background in electrical engineering (although forgot much of it since college).

Do I need any additional instruments/tools to build the unit, besides soldering iron, solder, pliers, DMM, screwdriver, etc?

How long has it taken people to build?

I'm pumped to give it a shot, just want to make sure I've covered all my bases...

Thanks!
--> freddie

I made a Bloo kit as my first real DIY project. I had learned to solder in school about 8 years ago, but really hadnt been doing hardly any of it in that time. I found the kit mostly straightforward and, with the help of this forum, rarely frustrating. And now I have a great opto compressor that I built. I went for the minimal kit which meant I had to source most of the parts, but even that I enjoyed and it was a learning experience. As far as how long it takes to build, that is a bit more dependent on the builder and the time that you have for it. I would say that it probably took me a total of 2-4 days, but that stretched over weeks as I could only work when I had the time. Also there are good intermediary points in the project, eg finishing the t4b, or getting the turret board wired, where you can sit back and see that you have finished something. I don't recall needing any tools other than the standard stuff...
I think if you have the motivation to do it, you should.

Latest posts

Back