Valley People Op Amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it sounds like overall they get mixed reviews, but I'm still game for trying to build up a pair. I'm also interested in the possiblity of building them into a 500 series / lunchbox type form factor (anyone else?)

I'm going to get two for now to try out...

A note about the $15/$20 source - apparently these are untested NOS modules originally purchased from a Gates surplus auction - he is selling as-is, so there may be some risk there. As soon as i get another response back on ordering info I'll post all the relevant information here...

Fred Forssell also has some modules available, and this may be a safer source initially to try out the design and see if its worthwhile. If we can put together a decent little project for these, then we can get a group buy going... or we can just dive right in :grin: just something to think about...

jt

Hahaha! I have a thing for buying stuff to let sit around various parts of the house for over a year! :razz: Negative on the T4... How do these Valley People pre's sound anyhow? I guess $15 isnt much of a risk! :guinness: :guinness:

[quote author="CJ"]fallout! Jeez, next thing ya know Kruz and Byron are gonna pop in.

Did you ever get that T4? :razz:[/quote]

They sound like a piece of wire with gain.

But mine was a DIY.
I have six VP modules waiting to get rocked.
I mean racked.
I mean racked and rocked.

Wow, Donnie Van Zandt's apendix exploded last Thur.
Bone Fest cancelled with Skynerd.
Hole up over at Stanford Hospital.
Too much Jack, Donnie!
No wait, that was Ronnie.
No, that was an out of gas airplane, which is always a bummer.

VP good for portable use.
Light. No iron.
Compact.
Make a dual mic pre that get's worn inside your hat at the Dead show.
Twin Shoepps.
The Dat Heads will be a freakin!

I'll be darn. I always wondered if the name Valley People was Zappa related, and there is your answer.

Make a board with a socket so you can plug and play the modules.

Just like APi

Here is a webpage put up by the company offering the valley people modules:

http://www.midwestcommunications.com/parts.html

Take a look and see what you think - I talked to Allen Jochem. He says he's happy to sell any quantity, and will sell for $15 for 10+, or $20 otherwise. He will take paypal for payment.

I'd could put together a group order (my first) if enough people are interested (I think I counted 8-10 so we're pretty much there), my only hesitation is that I haven't handled the shipping part before. What the best way to price shipping? - particularly international? I'd also prefer to get paypal upfront so I can send him payment from those funds in paypal... is that reasonable?

jtoole, you should post this in the black Market.. As far as shipping, you should handle it the way I do.. Ask for 2 payments, 1 for the actual order, then once again when you can give an exact amount for shipping.. This way you dont lose any $$$...

-Jay

Latest posts

Back