chipmanv

par-metal back panel w/ front panel express cutouts
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »
Anyone ever tried sending the flanged back panel of a Par-metal 10 series(black) to Front Panel Express to have it punched and engraved? I callled Front Panel Express and asked them about this and they said they can do it.  The gist I got was that you have make the cut outs drawn on the back side since  the front side has to face down due to the flanges.  The only gamble with this is the risk of getting scratches on the visible side because it contacts the base of the CNC milling machine.
The anodized Par-metal front panels come out really sweet with Front Panel Express, but the rear side of it will always has a scratch or two.  I wonder if the paint on the back panel Par-metal would hold up.  Anyone ever try this? How about engraving? Engraving might make the surrounding paint crack or chip.  I've had par-metal punch out back panels before, but there is a set up fee and in very small quantities Front Panel Exp. may be more economical and easy with engraving to boot.

Handcrafted Tone

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:13:14 AM »
Par-metal can make cut outs too.  If you don't need engraving, I would try them first.

chipmanv

Re: par-metal back panel w/ front panel express cutouts
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 10:07:05 PM »
Quote from: "chipmanv"
I've had par-metal punch out back panels before, but there is a set up fee and in very small quantities Front Panel Exp. may be more economical and easy with engraving to boot.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
Don't have an answer for you but I'm interested in any insight on this too for similar circumstances.
So...Bump.
Jeffrey Toobin: "This is the most embarrassing week ever."

Rudy Giuliani: "Hold my pants..."