Front Panel Express svg output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I have been designing front panels recently after a break of several months. Front Panel Express has been updated a few times  since I last used it. I seem to recall that when I used its .svg export function, the text came out OK, but now all the characters seems to be drawn with too fat a pen. I checked I am using the same engraving tool size as before and even changing it to the 0.2mm one still gives illegible text. Anyone else noticed this or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Ian

This occured in the 4. 2 to 4.4 update of the software and yes it made me a tad disappointed.  I'm contemplating rolling back to their 4.0 version but am not sure if it's worth the trouble if any. I'm wondering if its them trying to pprevent third parties from loading svg. files to cut their own front panels.

I finaly got a reply from Schaeffer from one of their software guys.  it all depends in whether the program you use to read the .svg file supports the "vector-effect=non-scaling-stroke" property, whatever that is. apparently Chrome and Firefox do but Ie11 does not and neither does Inkscape which is what I use. I tried one of the non-working files in Chrome and Firefox and it worked fine.

I have not found a graphics program yet which does work.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back