germanium transistors and chandler info wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly his are "specially made" so they are much more stable than the old ones.....

I´ve heard NTE semis are doing really nice germanium transistors, that´s supposed to sound better as sub in old circuits. they do have a sub cattalogue that you can download online, and it will point you into the best part for the job. It´s called the NTE quickcross. Just google it...

For a AC107, they recommend a NTE160.

there's a post on gearslutz about the chandler germanium. The designer mentions that THD is 0.009% best case... if i remember right

no word on where the transistors are sourced from... however I think NTE still makes germanium.

One of its main areas of use today is in infrared optics in the form of windows and lens systems made from poly or monocrystalline germanium as well as optical lenses with infrared transparence, so-called chalcogenide lenses. These are used in military and civil night sight equipment.

germanium transistors are not used in night scopes, only some parts of the night camera are made using germanium.

Latest posts

Back