schematic for soundcraft 200 series console?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnspoony

I'd like to recap a channel or two of my soundcraft and see if its worth keeping. If anyone has information on the 200 series that'd be a great help.

thanks in advance

-richie :grin:

yes i found,

200B .. 200SR... delta 200 .. unless the 200B is the same thing as the 200

rob flinn mentions the soundcraft 200 series for someone to copy the eq section, but I couldn't find a hardcopy of the schematic.

-richie

Check your PM for the 200B schematics. B stands for Broadcast, so I'm assuming 200 and 200B are pretty much the same, and so is Soundcraft website: http://www.soundcraft.com/cgi-bin/faq/4.html#12

What you'll find there includes all the schematics for various 200B series configurations as far as I'm aware.

Good luck.

Mach

No worries. I suggest you get rid of those TL071s and 072s while you are at it as well. Burr-Browns (OPA604 and 2604) work nicely, although they cause slight whistles in the EQ pots. I was going to bypass the EQs altogether anyway so I didn't bother fixing that in ours but of you decide to go ahead, you'll need to tackle that issue.

...and also apply the star grounding mod as explained in Tangent Technology website. It's good.

Good luck.

Mach

I was going to swap out the opamps also .. but the bigger problem is

the 200B is certainly much different than the series 200 console.

The 200B has a HP LP filter section and the series 200 is 4 set frequencies you can boost or cut.

A lot of the board is the same .. I think everything else minus the eq.

thanks again though

-richie

[quote author="mkoz"]Check your PM for the 200B schematics. B stands for Broadcast, so I'm assuming 200 and 200B are pretty much the same, and so is Soundcraft website: http://www.soundcraft.com/cgi-bin/faq/4.html#12

What you'll find there includes all the schematics for various 200B series configurations as far as I'm aware.

Good luck.

Mach[/quote]

Sorry man, 200B and 200 are very different consoles, and no, the "B" never stood for broadcast, it was the second generation (same as SC's 400 and 800 which became 400B and 800B in their second generations).

The 200 was the fore-runner, and in many ways was quite basic, both in facilities and in the constructional methods used. (It was also brown in colour.... not that facia colour has any effect on the sound).

200B came along a couple of years later when SC's small-budget console market presence was fully established. It was altogether a classier console with higher standards of facilities, design and construction.

As with all SC's designs, there was a lot of commonality of circuit building blocks, but if you study the output group circuits of the 200 and 200B you will see some major differences.

[quote author="Gareth Connor"]Sorry man, 200B and 200 are very different consoles, and no, the "B" never stood for broadcast, it was the second generation (same as SC's 400 and 800 which became 400B and 800B in their second generations).
[/quote]

Thanks for the input Gareth, my information is based on what I have in hand and what Soundcraft website says:

[quote author="Soundcraft.com"]6. What;'s the difference between the Soundcraft 200 and 200B?

The 200 and 200B are essentially the same console.

The "B" version has slightly more sophisticated routing - instead of routing to groups 1&2 OR 3&4, the 200B input modules can be routed to 1&2, 3&4 and MIX independently. There are other enhancements including a talkback facility and a variable level oscillator.

- Updated: July 3, 2006[/quote]

Thanks.

Mach

sounds like I should have picked a 200B instead haha

well .. I guess I can pull the caps out of the board / measure them / then order new ones

I was just curious about the schematic as well

-richie

That's OK Mach, my information is based on the fact that I designed the 200B when I was working in SC's R&D lab! :wink:

Well, the information given can't get any better than that then :grin:

Thanks for the input :thumb:

Mach

If you worked for SC... you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the lesser, obviously INFERIOR, version of your board that I own

the meak series 200... :cry:

hah

I'll check when I get back into the office on Monday.

The 200 is not that inferior - how many other budget consoles of circa 25 years old from the same price/market area are still going strong?

Reality is that the 200 was SC's compact, budget console, built very well for the price, but without the "glamour" of the 400B and 800B which were launched several months prior to the 200. In any 2-year period technology moves on, and as already noted, manufacturing methods also improved. The vast majority of 200-series consoles were made using compressed-paper PCBs. When the viability of the market became clear, plus the market's expectation for a particular level of quality in the product, the whole thinking behind SC's compact/entry level consoles changed. The only way open was to introduce a second-generation product and incorporate the changes/improvements.

I don't see that many of the SC series 200 on ebay ..

I got mine for a bargain of 120 bucks. It all works. All 16 channels.

Star ground helped a lot. The eq is lacking a bit.. but i thought that might be due to age and the not so hot opamps on board currently

if you can dig anything up about the eq it'd be great

thanks

-richie

Latest posts

Back