Soundcraft 600 help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyscube

Hello!

I'm trying to restore a Soundcraft 600. At the moment it is completely disassembled and I'm going through the components to spot any problems.

First issue I have encountered is the master-channel fader being unsoldered. It is a Penny & Giles 3222 DMXA. As far as I can see it is the correct fader for this board, but it seems to have been taken out and tampered with. There are two sets of green, blue, yellow and red cables sticking out of the housing. There is also a black cable held in place by a screw, seems like it's the ground.. but that also is not connected to anything, just a chopped cable.

Do anyone have experience with these consoles and could help me understand which of these cables are supposed to go where on the 600?

Try this.
Thanks for the response!

This does not seem to match with the pins on the board. From what I see in the scematics p1, p2 and p3 should come from one side of the fader casing and p101, p102 and p103 should come from the other.

Here are some pics of the components in question.

Attachments

• 1000007763-01.jpeg
    1000007763-01.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1000007762-01.jpeg
    1000007762-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Trust me, they're great people here that can surly explain things better than myself. Take their advice and definitely respect them. So many years of experience.

Last edited:
Yep p3 and p103 nulls out

So... blue cable 2 and 8 to p3 and p103, red cable 1 and 9 to p1 and Pp101, yellow cable 4 and 6 to p2 and p102? Sounds right?

Unsure where to terminate the black and the greens seems to have been just taped off and not connected by last owner. Any idea why?

Thanks, this is great help! :)

So 2,35,8 can go to p3 or p103 which is Blue Green Black. Yellow and Red is your test. You will figure it out. You will also get a lot more help here if your can find and post a schematic diagram. Members are busy people here and do not really have time to do your homework. You can do this.

So 2,35,8 can go to p3 or p103 which is Blue Green Black. Yellow and Red is your test. You will figure it out. You will also get a lot more help here if your can find and post a schematic diagram. Members are busy people here and do not really have time to do your homework. You can do this.
Hey

Yeah, sorry.. I somehow assumed that you had direct experience with the console in question when you replied to the post.

I never expect anyone to "do my homework for me" or take time our of their day to go source the schematics, that's not how you learn. I do however appreciate when someone kindly nudges me in the correct direction when I'm stuck, so thanks for that man.

I attached the schematic. And it could be that I'm just being really slow here, but as far as I can see what I wrote in #10 is correct.

Attachments

• Master.png
    Master.png
    747.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back