can anyone host my scan, The new scott dorsey AKG c-3000 mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I just scanned from the latest recording mag, The Scott Dorsey mod Article on modding an AKGT 3000. Can anyone host the files for me?

From what I looked over so far, You basicly are using the MIC capsule and the body... THe mic guts are completely redone and a nice lundahl 1587 transformer is added to what originally appears to be originally a transformerless output....

That sounds interesting. My girlfriend got one but since she knows me and my Neumann collection the 3000 is dustcovered. Maybe this mod makes it a little more interesting?

I definitely would like to see that article but unfotunately I don´t have any webspace (except over at our host twin-x). If this helps send it over to me, I could host it there
:guinness:

I posted about sometime ago. I don't like it I does not look like a good design to me. I read it at a local book store some time ago.

Did you read Paul's articles

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=22783&highlight=paul

the resolution of the files is so low i was unable to read the articles when i enlarged them. i dont know if others will have the same problem. if you could rescan at the highest resolution your machine will allow i can post them at photo bucket. thx

[quote author="seavote"]the resolution of the files is so low i was unable to read the articles when i enlarged them. i dont know if others will have the same problem. if you could rescan at the highest resolution your machine will allow i can post them at photo bucket. thx[/quote]
I think you have to click on the 2nd preview to get the full resolution (opening a new window), which is totally readable for me here.

Michael

thanks michael. i saved the picture from the first thumbnail and was unable to read it when i opened in photoshop. all is well when saved to hardrive from the second thumb. my apologies puncho.

Gus, which of Paul's articles are you referring to? The review, cited in your linked thread? Or something he wrote here in the forum. I'm not understanding any connection to the topic at hand here, with this mod. Would like to know what you're thinking.

If you like you can send the files to me and I will host them forever, if needed.
steve ( a t ) woodensoul ( d o t ) com

[quote author="jensenmann"]the first three pages are here:
http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/thumbnails.php?album=165

the last page is missing because twin-x refuses to upload it. F!"§$%&/()ing computerdummasssh*tIbloodyhateyou

computers make me sick :evil:
I´ll try to add this page later (after a good oldfashioned german :sam: )[/quote]

I never refuse an upload :grin: but maybe the software is!
It was probably a size issue?

Looking at SD's description and schematic, I see that he's applying a polarization voltage to the capsule. But isn't the C3000 an electret condenser? :?

It doesn't appear to be, looking at the schematic for the 3000B. Its a little odd in that there doesn't appear to be a resistor to bias the capsule. Rather they seem to apply the bias through a 6G8 resistor to one side of a 1000pf cap, the other side of which is connected to the capsule. The bias is derived from the 14V reference.

Upon further research, I found this statement: "The six-micron-thick active-mylar diaphragm that has been precision designed for the ideal frequency response." An interesting euphemism!

If you look at the service manual available at the AKG site, the parts list states: "Electret capsule CE6". Looking at the AKG schematic, I don't see any DC applied to the capsule side of the 1000 pf cap.

On the other hand I can't imagine Scott Dorsey not knowing what kind of capsule he's working on. Strange.

Back