Great River finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,
I have to tell you how much I have appreciated your input and generosity throughout this project. It speaks so highly to your character and has humbled me. (Which is always a good thing.) And I can assure you that when the time comes I will support you as I am able by buying and promoting your products.

Thanks for the offer Greg. There is just something about that box that works for me.

Well I contacted the company and this is what I have been told:

It looks like the box may be a special design for G.R. My contact believes that this box is part # Micro 1-440-250 (but don't go ordering without confirmation) and is a version of the Micro box. It is not on the website at the moment, but I'm told it is being updated.

The standard depth sizes for the Microbox are 5.118", 9.843", and 13.780"
- Please note that these are the standard sizes and anything else can be made per customer request.
They are about $115-$120 US each and qty can bring discounts. 50 + is the best at $85-$90 US each. No numbers for shipping.
The lead-time is based upon order qty, any machining requirements, and box type. This usually ranges from 2-30 days. Low qty., standard size enclosures can ship in 2 days from receipt of order.

So that is what I have. Seems to be a nice box with the potential (in my thoughts) of overlaying a printed-paper with a thin lexan or Plexiglas. I could envision using some subtle fade through graphics as well. (Although for the G.R. I would really like to do just homage to the designer.) So I am interested.

As always the 50-unit price is appealing. But the individual pricing is similar to others I have seen.

JP

Thanks JP.

The standard Microbox at 9.843 depth is the one we used first, although it was special ordered with two front panels, rather than one front, one rear.

Later I bought the extrusions in meter lengths and machined the fronts, rears and sides locally, then bead blasted and anodized them.

I do have the Lexan overlays, anybody that wants a couple of sets can send me a PM with the info, I also have the machining drawing available as a .pdf.

The Lexan has adhesive already applied, you have to be careful to put it on correctly or it's screwed, which is why I'll send a couple out, you'll probably blow one :wink:

There are a few holes that require very careful countersinking, so it's not really something to do at home with a hand drill.

Back