Switches for 1073,1081,1084,

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jim,

I think if you can look at the ams-neve drawings and figure out the switch
needs by there drawings that would be a big help. I took a look today at the 73 and 84 and made some starter notes.

73/84
Looks like the gain switch on drawing EK20033 is a 24 pin with a stop at 22 positions, 3 tier's and a bunch of resistors.

The Low freq switch is a 5 pos switch double poles? (2x 5 pos switches) with a 50K pot mounted at the end. 8x 4.7M resistors drawing # EK20065

I know greyhill and elma make a rotary switch setup that's small enough for a 1RU that has a through center concentric mount for a pot at the end. we can look that information up. I'll contact Omeg once we know all the pot sizes and estimated length of shaft. Like the ladies we want the shaft to be long, a short shaft would be a serious problem on this project.

I do have a work around, but I am hoping that Omeg can come through on making us a pot that's reasonable and high quality and bypasses the coupling and shaft work around.

I think I have all the drawings now. I'm talking 1073 only.

It looks like you are totally correct about the gain switch. 3 Gang (actually shown on the drawing). An Elma 24position will work here.

I'll take a look at the other switches tonight hopefully.

jim

ps: while we're at it, do we want absolutely original knobs or can we settle for something readily available? I would be OK with an easily available replacement.

Kazper - OK I am checking the 1073 now.

So far here is what I get:

Gain is a 3 pole 22 position.

I concur with you for the Low Freq - 2 pole 5 position with a 50K pot (rev log?, log?).

The High Freq. is just a 10K pot (again log, linear, rev. log?)

The High Pass is another 2 pole 5 position only.

Presence (mids?) is a 1 pole 7 position with a 10K pot.(again log, linear, rev. log?).

I know this wasn't rocket science but I hope it confirms what you find.

I don't know where I got that these were magic switches. I think Elma makes assemblies with center installed pots. Maybe I'm wrong but I saw it somewhere and it seems like it was them.

I'm going to try and locate the switches for the Phase and EQ.

What about the line input transformer? Do any of you think its OK to do without it?

jim

Let's keep ddt in the loop in regards to the switches , for
possible panel orders

what you guys are doing normally makes me dizzy ,
keep up the good work , regards Greg

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to do a 1073 but I don't understand how is connect the BIG rotary switch and how it is working with the BA283/BA284.

Maybe you have some photos of it ? Or a "guide" to understand :)

Thank you !

[quote author="fredpilki"]Hello everybody,

I'm trying to do a 1073 but I don't understand how is connect the BIG rotary switch and how it is working with the BA283/BA284.

Maybe you have some photos of it ? Or a "guide" to understand :)

Thank you ![/quote]

You mean the gain switch right? That is the 3 level one.

I am just only looking at the drawings now. If you haven't already try looking at DWG EH10023.
You can see the switch on the left part. Each module is identified on that drawing. There are 3 rows of small circles representing the positions on each switch section. The arrows pointing at the 4th position represents the pole.

Do you have all the schematics and drawings for a 1073?

jim

Yes, I have the drawing. :wink:

But it seems that for a position of gain, there is only BA283, BA284 or twice ?
Is it also true for the 3 amplifier of BA283 ?

And why there's a OFF between -50 and -60 ?

Sorry I don't get your first question.

The OFF position I believe happens between the mike preamp gain and the line gain. The first OFF I'm not sure other than maybe switching into a second stage of gain?

jim

the presence switch should be an 8 throw not a 7.

The confusion is when you look at EH10023 its a 7 but the actual dwg itself D10048 shows 8.

jim

[quote author="fredpilki"]And why there's a OFF between -50 and -60 ?[/quote]
It's between 50 an 55, that's where the second gain stage kicks in. Seems like they wanted to indicate the change of gain stages - or is it maybe like they used 'make before brake' switches and the different gain stages don't like that?

Michael

I'm getting somewhere on the 1081 switches.

More to come when I get the for sure can do info.

Specially made wafers that do what we need them to do.

Kevin

Any updates on the quest, Kevin? Are you planning on ordering a custom switch? I can't find anyone offering a rotary switch with a center hole for adding a pot. What's the minimum order?

P.S. when everyone is done with their 10xx projects, these would also be extremely useful for 500 series projects where panel space is at premium.

Grayhill has them, but they are expensive.

jim

[quote author="structuredloud"]Any updates on the quest, Kevin? Are you planning on ordering a custom switch? I can't find anyone offering a rotary switch with a center hole for adding a pot. What's the minimum order?[/quote]

Latest posts

Back