My band just got accepted to SXSW!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

I know there are a fair number of SXSW haters here, but in any case, I'm stoked!

Saturday night 11PM at the World Music Showcase at Copa.

Wooop Wooop!

:green: :guinness: :green:

[quote author="CJ"]STAY HOME, GASD 4 BUCKS, NO AUDIENCE, I PREDICT, GRAG YO SKS

BUT CARCH THER CORNELL HURD BAND LIVE AT JOVITAS, THEY GOT THE SAME STEEL PLASYER WHO PLAYED ON LIND rhonsdatds albul, herb steiner on the steel ldie and gentelmabn, anbody namnmed herb is ok , buck owensa and don rich are dead,

th9id is onre bif mofo recerssiuon folks, han on to yopur woodie guthrie segar dylan dskilldsss, fcro here on out, rev bgt
\\[/quote]

Dude, and I thought you looked too old for acid. Then I go back to your transformer reductionist photos and think you're so much younger and more impulsive. I hope to be a fraction of your technically inclined mind when I've aged.

Please... continue.

Best,
J

[quote author="CJ"]umm, we lost 90,000 jobs in the last two months, the first thing to drop off a spread sheet is entertainment,:

witness:

during the rock and roll recession of the late 70's, which obviously, dude, you were not even cahnging your own diapers, i saw little feat, charlie daniels and marshall tucker, at winterland, and i still have the stub, all after debut stellar double riple platinum albums byn each, play for a stunning audience of:

200 people.

watch.

you will see.[/quote]

I will see? You assume I'm too young to have seen perhaps.

In America, the motherland of the most refined and sublime propaganda, entertainment will never be lost. We were founded and learned from the best through the best and worst of times. Drink beer and read the leaflets, now hear the sound of freedom.

So fire up those mic pre-amps and broadcast limiters and put them in bunkers.. oh wait too late. we already have the best DSPs.. but saying that is also un-intentional propaganda.

To me freedom is the lack of the need to be free... but a wiser man said that than me. Just can't finger who. Really all I want to do is make gear and put sounds through it.

with all good humor, and respect to you CJ;
I wish you the best we can make of it all.
J

all i am saying is, in a recession, people buy food, gass housing, and entertainment, in taht order,

or pay off credit card interest tostay alive another monthh.

Back