2254 parts advice, please.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

So I need to replace the two recovery switches in an old 2254. They seem to be 1 pole/4 pos, made by 'Jeanrenaud'. Every search effort I've made seems to hit a dead end, so if anyone can offer a recommendation for a suitable replacement it would be appreciated. I'm trying to keep this sucker original(or at least close to it) so someone doesn't open it up and go 'hey, this thing isn't right', hence my search for the proper replacement.

Thanks!

Zach

I would put a greyhill in there, it will sort of feel right, wont be as smooth as those old switches but wont feel like a plastic lorlin... Are you selling that 2254?

dave

Are you selling that 2254?

Don't you wish! :twisted:

No, we went to tighten a loose switch and discovered the nuts were basically fused to the front plate. This thing looks like it was stored in seawater for a couple of years and these two switches are completely caked in rusty crap. The contacts are actually fine, it's just the rest of the metal in the assembly that's awful. I figured if I would try to find some NOS or current replacement switches, then if it was sold down the road there wouldn't be any whining about non standard parts used. I'll probably end up with a nice Grayhill or something, just figured I would give this a shot.

Zach

Crikey...I don't know why, but I suddenly have a hankering for a Vegemite sandwich! And now I refuse to drink any beer that doesn't come in a container that looks like an oil can. :grin:

Back