GREG STEIN is the WINNER!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
A very generous forum member (who wishes to remain anonymous) has purchased 2 Sowter/Neve10468-type mic/line input transformers and 2 Sowter/Neve L01166-type output transformers (a total $236 value!) from Prodigy Professional, and wishes to award them to one lucky STUDENT to help encourage them to further their DIY education. Students are often unable to participate in building certain projects because of expensive parts like transformers; thus, the goal of this drawing is to help him/her in their efforts.

Who may enter:
-ALL STUDENT forum members that are currently enrolled in an educational institution.
-Forum members must have become members PRIOR to October 20th (meaning the 19th or before).
-When a winner is selected, he/she must submit a copy of a valid student ID & course schedule (only to verify that the prizes are fulfilling the benefactor's intent of helping a student.) Upon verification the prizes will be shipped directly from Prodigy Professional.

Details:
-To be completely fair, the winner will be selected randomly (participants will be entered into a database as a number, and a computer will randomly select 1 out of all number entries).
-Participants may enter until 5:45PM, Friday November 12th.
-Winner will be announced on Friday November 12th at 6:00PM US Eastern Standard Time.
-The winner is ENCOURAGED to keep the forum up-to-date on their progress with their projects.

How to Participate:
-Reply to this post with the words "I WANT TO ENTER THIS DRAWING."

A BIG THANK YOU to our mysterious and generous benefactor!
Good Luck Guys!

> -Forum members must have become members PRIOR to September 20th (meaning the 19th or before).

You mean Sept 20 (a month ago) rather than Oct 20 (day of announcement)?

And what time-zone? (Kev's posts are often a day away from me; world-wide time is confusing.) I suggest Prodigy-Pro Office time (where is that? US EST?).

> submit a copy of a valid student ID &

FWIW: many university-level schools have on-line student look-ups. They may not be "proof" of present enrollment, because records may only be updated yearly, but the same for ID cards and other documents. I'd think that PM-ing a real-name, school, and school student-search page, would be easier and about as sure as email/fax ID papers.

wow, this is really a kind and generous gesture. Please pass my regards to the person responsible. Even though I'm not a student (damnit man! :green: ) I appreciate what this person is trying to do and wish to say thank you.

:guinness:
Chris

[quote author="PRR"]You mean Sept 20 (a month ago) rather than Oct 20 (day of announcement)?[/quote]
Yeah that was a typo now fixed.

Prodigy-Pro Office time (where is that? US EST?).
Yes, as stated. US EST.

FWIW: many university-level schools have on-line student look-ups. They may not be "proof" of present enrollment, because records may only be updated yearly, but the same for ID cards and other documents. I'd think that PM-ing a real-name, school, and school student-search page, would be easier and about as sure as email/fax ID papers.
A practical, reliable enough proof can be worked out in the event that the above is not available.

I´ve just came out of the university!!!! :?

Nice offer! Thanks for this, in name of my students friends, whoever you are.

Latest posts

Back