EZ1290 finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me 2!
maybe the person concerned would like to make themselves known?  ;)

also a question: can anyone tell me the current/power consumption per 1290 channel?
I still have half a Ch&ler PSU free, which is powering an LTD-1 (which is also 1073 copy) using the same voltages, and I know I am allowed to connect one more Ch&ler box...would I be able to get away with 2 DIY EZ1290s alongside the LTD-1?

Hi. Does anyone have any suggestions for specific transistor sockets for this project. I don't want to solder the transistors directly to the board but I also don't want to deal with problems down the road (like corrosion and other contact problems). If you know of anything could you post a mouser/digikey link?

I was never able to find a mouser/digikey part number, but small bear electronics has some that you might be looking for:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=147

phatmateo said:
I was never able to find a mouser/digikey part number, but small bear electronics has some that you might be looking for:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=147

Great! Thanks. Yeah, I was just a little concerned about how these things hold contact over the years. I've heard stories of people having to send gear in for repair and they ended up changing all the IC/transistor sockets because the contacts had corroded. Anyway, these seem to be gold-plated, so they should be great! Thanks again.

briomusic said:
me 2!
maybe the person concerned would like to make themselves known?  ;)

also a question: can anyone tell me the current/power consumption per 1290 channel?
I still have half a Ch&ler PSU free, which is powering an LTD-1 (which is also 1073 copy) using the same voltages, and I know I am allowed to connect one more Ch&ler box...would I be able to get away with 2 DIY EZ1290s alongside the LTD-1?
Neve lists 120mA, but to be on the cautious side you should have 250 to drive each 1290.  Sonic Circus lists the PSU as 1.5 Amps (DOUBLECHECK that with mfg specs), so you should be ok.

Latest posts

Back