Finished 8 count'em 8 of Roger's Pico 500 series

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnspoony

Hey all,

It took me about 10 months to finally get to building these but then busted them out in the last month. 

I had one wounded bird and Roger was super kind enough to doctor the module back to full health.

What can I say about these?

They feel like a dbx160 ish but cleaner faster and can slam way better.

Perfect for the drum vibe I've been going for lately and sound superb for crunchy guitar tones.

That's all I've used em on so far.  Here are some pics of my new fleet.  If anyone wants to build a great kit with great sound I highly recommend the pico 500!

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Best
Richard

I don't think they are.  I think it was just a run.  They are on the market, available through Mercenary.  I think Roger is going to be putting more focus on his product line than kit support.  There's only so many hours in a day, right?  I hope the world gives his products a warm reception. 

Kits are gone; most people couldn't build'em without extensive support, and Roger could build them himself for not much more.  Now Mercenary has the distribution.    You can still build both mono and stereo non-500 versions.  You could in theory buy the mono cards and put your own 500 version together if you figured out the metal and mounting yourself.  There'd be a few custom bits you'd have to sort out also.  I'd suggest a regular rack set-up. 

Well - even if there are no more kits - I still suggest owning at least a pair of these. 

I think the tag over at mercenary is more than fair for how much muscle these have.

I'm really thrilled to be able to have 8 of these tethered to my inserts of my Toft ATB 16 makes for a fantastic eq/comp chain right there within arms reach.

I'll put up a pic of the fleet as soon as I clean up my space a bit more. 

Very nice. Congrats.

Are those Muse ES caps? Where did you get them?  Good quality BP caps are so nice. I recently replaced some crappy nobrand BP with Panasonics in a 312 and they made a world of difference... day and night... Always wanted to try the Nichicons...

Everything came directly from Roger in nice little bags for me to not mess up with - not sure on the caps let me get back to you on that.

Latest posts

Back