S/PDIF AES/EBU Transmitter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave malham at the University of York had some interesting stuff on the ADAT format and I think he reverse-engineered the timing, which liberated him from having to sign any non-disclosure legal schmutter...

http://www.dmalham.freeserve.co.uk/

That might help. -He's a hell of a nice guy and a great ambisonic enthusiast as well!

Keith

[quote author="tmbg"]What I'm looking for is bit-for-bit timing specs, etc. I want to start playing with digital audio stuff on an FPGA, such as making a 4 spdif to adat converter.[/quote]

Maybe you should reconsider that and jump over all PCM formats directly to the DSD...

thanks keith, that's perfect!

As for DSD, I may mess with it in the future, but right now my goal is to make 12 24/96k converters that I can use with my Hammerfall. Later, I want to try to make a PCI card that'll let me import digital signals in whatever format I want, that way I can make my converters export whatever format I want ;)

[quote author="tmbg"]thanks keith, that's perfect!

As for DSD, I may mess with it in the future, but right now my goal is to make 12 24/96k converters that I can use with my Hammerfall. Later, I want to try to make a PCI card that'll let me import digital signals in whatever format I want, that way I can make my converters export whatever format I want ;)[/quote]

Fine. There's an example on Wavefrontsemi.com on S/MUX implementation on their 1K DSP, that may be used as a start point for FPGA implementation, I guess.

-Mikko

Latest posts

Back