Siemens Circuitry Tube Handbook?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sine_wave

I've read that many legendary circuits (you can imagine) are in this book. Oliver Archut, the guy who does Tab-Funkenwerk says so and I would think he knows a thing or two :). Does anyone know if my subject name is the correct title for said book? That's what Oliver called it. He didn't specify any particular year for the book but he did mention the late 50's in the same post. He even said the REDD circuit is in there :eek:. Is there such a book?

There were factory released data and applications books from all tube manufacturers. So did Siemens, too. I have a Telefunken book and there´s indeed a lot of information inside. But it´s mostly TV related because this was the big market in the 60s. I dunno if there was a special audio related publication from Siemens. Why don´t you ask Oliver for the exact name?

I doubt that the brown book is meant. The 'Braunbauch' is a technical description of the gear that was developed for the german radio stations, afaik it starts evem before or during ww2. I have a lot of it and it is not really a closely held resource. Quite some is on kubis site (actually some of my scans if I remember right). Those parts I know (and I've probably browsed about 20 or 30 huge folders) there are no circuit tricks or detailed descriptions in it.

Michael

I remember downloading a "Braunbauch". I browsed it quickly and if I got it right it was all about tubes. Not tube applications or anything, but literally, tubes.

sine_wave said:
I remember downloading a "Braunbauch". I browsed it quickly and if I got it right it was all about tubes. Not tube applications or anything, but literally, tubes.

According to Oliver from a post on one of the audio forums, there's over 200 volumes of information. Most of the things I have seen have been related to Telefunken and Siemens tube equipment, including schematics, circuit descriptions, transformer winding info, etc.

Mark

The 'Braunbuch' is not a book, but a word for a collection of descriptions of all kinds of devices being developed for (and quite often also by) the german radio stations, clipped into brown folders (hence the name). They contain technical data, schematics and a rough circuit and alignment description. Some of those units were built by Siemens, but I don't remember any from Telefunken. Most of the companies which built the stuff are history for a long long time (TAB, Eckmiller, EAB, Hiller and probably several more). Telefunken has somewhat become a word for 'german tube equipment' - which wasn't really true. Most of the Telefunken stuff I'm aware of is solid state (the Ela M 250 mic being an exception). There is some more Telefunken branded tube stuff which seems simply relabeled.

I guess all the interesting Braunbuch stuff should be on Kubis site or on the IRT site.

Sorry that this doesn't get you closer to the Siemens book, but at least you know where you mustn't search ;-)

Michael

Back