More audiophoolery - it was bound to happen sooner or later

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a buddy who was having trouble with his digi 002 losing the 1394 bus. I found that the weight of the Monster firewire cable connector was pulling down on the cable creating bad contact. I replaced it with a whatever cable I happened to have (old, very used, and NOT a GOOD cable, but very light, I wouldnt have used only to try it) and he's been fine ever since.

amorris@home said:
I have a buddy who was having trouble with his digi 002 losing the 1394 bus. I found that the weight of the Monster firewire cable connector was pulling down on the cable creating bad contact. I replaced it with a whatever cable I happened to have (old, very used, and NOT a GOOD cable, but very light, I wouldnt have used only to try it) and he's been fine ever since.
:D

amorris@home said:

i had a buddy who had a johnson guitar head that has built in effects. He had a monster midi cable betwen the amp and pedal board. Didn't work. So I gave him a cheapo hosa midi cable and it worked perfectly.

amorris@home said:

Clearly what this person really needed was some custom-sized cable stands made from magnetically neutral mahogany (grown on the equator) and lacquered with C37.

From a review here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Kimber-Kable-Kimber-USB-Review

The infamous saying "bits is bits" can be found all over the web. Without many many vocal audiophiles out there dispelling the myth, it continues to snowball.
A critically important part of this cable is Kimber's use of a high performance nitrogen-infused polyethylene (PE) dielectric on the signal conductors to maximize signal integrity.

Why there is no more Communism, no more Inquisition?
Audiophilism is so poor.. no revolutions, no blood, no brain..

If there was any data corruption or added stuff in a USB connection then an application that was copied via that cable would not work. This obviously doesn't happen, so an ordinary USB cable clearly passes data perfectly. Audiophiles are masters of fooling themselves. They also never do instant switched A-B comparisons, they listen to a song, change a cable and listen again, and then waffle about things changing, and they use more flowery prose than wine buffs talking about wine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy were to copy Microsoft Excel between 2 computers using "cheap" USB cable "A" and then using "expensive USB" cable "B", he would swear that the copy of Excel via the audiophile USB cable ran smoother and did calculations faster.

Why use USB for audio anyway?

Just shut up, will you?

Quit listening to interference and start listening to your favorite recordings. Trust me on this one, pick up a Kimber USB. I just know what this cable does for my system and am confident it will do the same for yours! Now that the Kimber USB is in my system I only hear the original recording.

You're just a bunch of deaf jealous mofos...

Some people don't seem to understand that the whole POINT of Firewire is that it's faster!

Unless you use the very fastest cable you can get, you won't get the full benefit, because your music will play slow.

Back