problem whit amek recall

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpucekov

hi
i start working in theater and ther is amek recall desk, chanel 3 and 4 have lower signal then others, tray changing modules bat problem is still ther, so it must be on motherboard
i dont have eny manuals even not user manual
please help
puc

Try putting a jack plug in and out of the insert sockets a few times.... the original jack sockets on the recall are often a problem.... if necessary, get a jack plug, and solder its ring to its tip and plug it in to act as an "insert loop"

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

it s not insert problem
sound like 20 db pad is on, clean signal just lower, input signal is normal if you listen pfl everithing is ok but in stereo mix signal is 20 db lower
if i put fader isolate button on everithing is ok
puc

Hi,
Have you asked the local representative (AVC company from Zagreb) for assistance?
Which theater are you referring to? Gavella?

Regards,
Milan

Hi
There may be a problem with the Virtual Dynamics card or even that you happen to have a 'processor' selected in Showtime which is calling for 20dB gain reduction.
You can pull out the ribbon from the VD card (16 way if I remember correctly) (actually 2 cables) and see if that is OK.
You will need to take out about 8 channels to access the VD processor which is basically underneath the channels it serves (blocks of 8 channels).  Check also that you do not have the channels 'grouped' by accident.
To further identify whether it is a VD fault, you can swap positions of the boards as long as you change the (yellow) board address setting to suit iyt's physical position.
Matt S

Everyone here is just guessing unless you can provide more information...

IS the problem on the input end (half-line balanced signal, for example) -or is it on the output?

There are several things which you can do to narrow it down further without any special tools.... for example, seeing the overload light come on with similar front end gain settings to other c0rrectly-functioning channels would tell you that the input is okay. -Patching insert send of a faulty channel into the insert return of a known-good one, then doing exactly the reverse, and noting the results will narrow things down even further. -If it's the input, try mic AND line inputs, are they both bad?

There's so much you can do to determine much of where the problem lies WITHOUT even needing a screwdriver... but without this sort of information, nobody is going to be able to help you very much other than try half-blind guesses.

Keith

Hi !
Finaly found some time for servicing.
Thank You Matt!!!!!!!
It was vd card, actuali bad contakt on one of the chips on the VD card.
Thank You again for giving me the right direction.
Puc

Back