Frontpanel express questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="kato"]Hey I downloaded the .fpd files for the 1176 from NRGrecording.
What meter and case will fit with this panel?

The meter listed at NRG (a hoyt meter) is crossed out - as though it's incorrect.[/quote]

Hi Kato.

There are two versions of 1176 panels.. the G1176 and an original looking 1176... Which do you mean?
Both have the panel cutout for a sifam al29wf. (www.sifam.co.uk) But you can use any meter you want of course... !?
(If you don't know how to change the meter cutout... or you can't use the program (because of mac computer) i can change the panel to your requirement if you want)

I don't know which panel will fit because these are the standard holes from schaeffer. I used panels which already have the 19" holes and the case holes so i just removed the holes...
Is your 1176 working yet and you only need a case?

Regards,
Frank.

Does anyone have a .fpd file for the GSSL with them cutting it to fit the standard par metal case that everyone is using?

I already totally screwed up my front panel, so I'd need them to can, drill, and engrave the whole front panel from their stock. I think the ghetto look of my GSSL is scaring other engineers away from using it! :) Those who have heard it, love it though.

[quote author="tubejay"]Does anyone have a .fpd file for the GSSL with them cutting it to fit the standard par metal case that everyone is using?
[/quote]

If you tell me what case you have... series 10,12,14... for example... i could try to adapt the panel so that it'll fit on your case. (I'd seen pdf files of the parmetal cases on there website so it will be ease i think)

Regards,
Frank.

I have the series 10 case, part# 10-19082B

Thank you! I probably should learn to do this myself, but a little help at first would be fantastic! Thanks!

parmetal drilling (16,5" and 1,25" distances for chassis holes) : http://www.nrgrecording.de/Gyraf_SSL_tubejay.fpd

The panel "should" fit to your case now. Please print out the panel on two DINA4 sheets pages and check the distances...
I don't know which vu meter you'll like for the panel?

(if you have problems with using frontpanel express... maybe i/we could help with instructions? but actually it is a small 'n easy to use software... but I was a bit afraid in the beginning, too) :wink:

The only problem is... the panels aren't cheap... i tried letraset for my ssl.. it works nice and is very cheap.. so you can do the complete frontpanel lettering for 5€ :wink:

[quote author="nrgrecording"]
There are two versions of 1176 panels.. the G1176 and an original looking 1176... Which do you mean?
Both have the panel cutout for a sifam al29wf. (www.sifam.co.uk) But you can use any meter you want of course... !?
(If you don't know how to change the meter cutout... or you can't use the program (because of mac computer) i can change the panel to your requirement if you want)

I don't know which panel will fit because these are the standard holes from schaeffer. I used panels which already have the 19" holes and the case holes so i just removed the holes...
Is your 1176 working yet and you only need a case?

Regards,
Frank.[/quote]

Hi Frank,
I didn't realize there were 2 versions of the 1176 panel. The one I grabbed is called "UNIVERSAL_AUDIO_1176LN.fpd." But I will look around for the G1176 version also.

I am a mac user at home but I have access to a PC (when the boss isn't looking) so I can modify the frontpanel files before sending them out. I was planning to customize the panel with my own unique markings to set it apart from other clones. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a real UA.

Thanks for the advice on the meters. I will pick up a couple from sifam. I am still at the parts aquisition stage so my finished product is still a LONG way off. I expect to be finishing it off by summer of 2005. :) I'm a total beginner.

Thanks again, Kato

Back