Expat Audio Digital Control Boards in practice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
Hello folks,

I've been wanting to develop a 9K mic preamp for quite a while now. (ever since I scored around 30 MAT02's!)
Since putting together the digital mic pre front end, and some of the digital relay cards, I thought all of it would come together nicely.

So, what you see below is not a finished product, but the start of a design that i'll continue posting on here.

Here's the front panel.
DSC_0856.JPG

Maybe a little close up
DSC_0859.JPG

The obligatory pron picture
DSC_0860.JPG
\\

and the explanation...

Four sets of buttons, all using the same button cards. (http://www.expataudio.com/expatshop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6). Two of the cards use 3 buttons, while the two cards in the middle are populated with 2 buttons each.
The ones controlling the phantom, polarity and pad are all directly connected to the digital mic pre front-end boards.

The 4 buttons in the middle are open for creativity.  ;D
Here's my attempt at mapping them so far
- Link Gain to left channel
- Analog power on/off (digital rail eats little power)
- Re-Amp On/OFF (Reamp i/o will be on the back panel).

Anyway, late here... just thought i'd post. youtube will be up soon too.

Oh cool, I like it! The color scheme is neat - it kinda takes a black/gold "this is serious" style and compliments
it with funky stuff - probably not even that easy to pull off if you had to do it on purpose.

What do the buttons in the middle do?

(Aha. Maybe I should read stuff more attentively...too much PCB desgin going on here, brain is spaghetti)

Hello Lukas, thank you for your feedback!

livingnote said:
Oh cool, I like it! The color scheme is neat - it kinda takes a black/gold "this is serious" style and compliments
it with funky stuff - probably not even that easy to pull off if you had to do it on purpose.

It was a 50/50 accident. I chose gold, because I don't see that many people on the forum using it.
The LED's etc are PB613's from highly electric. A little on the expensive side, but I love the feel of them.

livingnote said:
What do the buttons in the middle do?

(Aha. Maybe I should read stuff more attentively...too much PCB desgin going on here, brain is spaghetti)

Yeah, I'm still struggling with that one. Linking the gain is an important one.
I may do an output HI-Z mode (mute with Hi-Z) - so that multiple mic pre's can share the same line input.
Also, high-pass is an option, now that I know what my input impedance will be (based on the SSL9K).

Any thoughts?

/R

Latest posts

Back