Want to hire someone to build "Sontec" sytle mastering EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aleatoric

5 bands, fully stepped switches on all parameters, stereo linked (no need for separate L/R channels), shelving option on both high and low bands as well as widely adjustable Q control (stepped), 1/2dB steps up to +/- 6dB, bypass switches on each band as well as a global (true) bypass).

I am located in the USA so would prefer to find a USA builder if possible, although I am open to working with anyone, just US saves on shipping and insurance cost.  Please email me with an estimate and possibly links to analog processors you have built in the past.  Thanks.  

aleatoric12 at gmail dot com

As a first post, this isn't a good one: I think you're going to get bombed here.

This is a "Do-It-Yourself" forum, not a "get somebody to build a cheap clone for you" job-mart.

That's the basic distillation of what you're going to hear a lot of.

SSLtech said:
As a first post, this isn't a good one: I think you're going to get bombed here.

This is a "Do-It-Yourself" forum, not a "get somebody to build a cheap clone for you" job-mart.

That's the basic distillation of what you're going to hear a lot of.

Well I apologize.  Yes it is my first post here and do not know the forum too well (although I have poked around here a bit).  

I understand that this is a DIY forum, however I lack the skills (currently) to build the EQ I desire myself.  I was directed to this website through a fellow mastering engineer in another forum who had a clone built based on the Prodigy Pro by Igor.  Through searching "Prodigy Pro by Igor" I came to this forum.  

I guess my hope was that perhaps someone who hangs out here enjoys building these types of things and is open to taking on build jobs for other people from time to time.  If my post is out of line or irrelevant to the conversations in this forum than please feel free to ignore or delete it.  

Thanks.  

this is DIY, there are enough people who will help you along to build what you need of you so desire. Best to put in your locatino in your profile so we can help ya.

Hello Aleatoric,

welcome to the forum.

These types of threads never end well :(
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=39182.0

I strongly suggest, and welcome you, to start doing some homework here. The reward you'll get is much, much more than just paying someone to make the box.

In addition, once you're 'hooked' you'll find there's a real joy in tweaking and adding mods! ;)

Cheers

Rochey

Rochey said:
I strongly suggest, and welcome you, to start doing some homework here. The reward you'll get is much, much more than just paying someone to make the box.

In addition, once you're 'hooked' you'll find there's a real joy in tweaking and adding mods! ;)

Thanks, will do! 

aleatoric said:
5 bands, fully stepped switches on all parameters, stereo linked (no need for separate L/R channels), shelving option on both high and low bands as well as widely adjustable Q control (stepped), 1/2dB steps up to +/- 6dB, bypass switches on each band as well as a global (true) bypass).

I am located in the USA so would prefer to find a USA builder if possible, although I am open to working with anyone, just US saves on shipping and insurance cost.  Please email me with an estimate and possibly links to analog processors you have built in the past.  Thanks.  

aleatoric12 at gmail dot com

Hey, it may well be a DIY forum, but I reckon this build would be a corker! Well done for asking! Come on, he's laid down the gauntlet! Someone take it up!

(by the way mate, I've only ever built ClassicAPi312's and now i'm on to my 51x rack + power supply. Two GRAND later and I am totally addicted to this DIY shit! It does it to you! Get cracking!)

As Rochey pointed out that thread, it would take a huge amount of time to make that happened, Dagoose ended up his pretty fast, but he spended i'm sure hours and hours from 1 to 2 months, correct me if i'm wrong, DIY doesn't mean cheap in some cases, anyway good luck...

Hi to all!
@aleatoric: I did the PCB design for DaGoose and others build.

BTW, I still hate the idea with cutting my logo on PCB with dremel tool :)
To be more accurate and let you all have nicer stepped EQ's
without cutting the PCB's with dremel.

I almost finished mastering version of PCB set.

I can build you mastering version of Sontec, it comes up about EUR2900.
Wait for new Mastering Sontec thread and make your own. More fun.

Igor said:
I almost finished mastering version of PCB set.

I can build you mastering version of Sontec, it comes up about EUR2900.

Will this project be made to work with elma switches? And your build, will it include elma switches as well?

Latest posts

Back