SSL 9k slim

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atxt

I finished my compact PCB: mic pre inspired by SSL 9k project with some mods. PCB allows to use discrete transistors, dual OpAmps (like very quiet LME49860 or bright AD823) and have PSU. Cello, piano, сlarinet, drums and vocal sounds beautiful.
z_80f15acd.jpg

z_88067e39.jpg

z_5ce46f2c.jpg

pucho812 said:
simonsez said:
Nice...but i don't see the MAT-02 there?

those are discontinued. But because there was still such a high demand for them they made a new version called mat12 which is supposed to be  drop in  identical to the mat02

jesus, mat12 is $22 each??

EDIT: oh, and nice build :D

Thank you!!!
Yes, i use matched NPN's instead NPN array. In A-B listening test (mic->splitter->two channels->ADC) i dont hear big or small difference with MAT02 and SSM2210 (both discontinued).
Add protective diodes and forget about it. More changes you can hear with LME49860 or AD823.
Hand soldered :)

A-B test with RED1 (snare)
http://www.multiupload.com/UGZLXKTCDU

ilfungo said:
Great job!!!
pcb available?
Yes, i can repeat order.

zayance said:
PS: Sounded a slight smoother for the Red on more attack, on a cheap headphone quick listen tough, but nice anyway, now let's see the rack  ;D
My rack is very-very simple.
12-step gain control and 48V switch.

We can compare a sound FF800 preamps and SSL (piano and clarinet).
Chain1: DPA 4090 -> splitter -> FF800 pre -> FF800 ADC
Chain2: after splitter -> SSL pre -> FF800 ADC
http://www.multiupload.com/PQAHKGL4P1
Archive contains additional files.

z_103be8ea.jpg

z_9b0ef435.jpg

z_c2a3fc06.jpg

z_55bd4598.jpg

atxt said:
ilfungo said:
Great job!!!
pcb available?
Yes, i can repeat order.

zayance said:
PS: Sounded a slight smoother for the Red on more attack, on a cheap headphone quick listen tough, but nice anyway, now let's see the rack  ;D
My rack is very-very simple.
12-step gain control and 48V switch.

We can compare a sound FF800 preamps and SSL (piano and clarinet).
Chain1: DPA 4090 -> splitter -> FF800 pre -> FF800 ADC
Chain2: after splitter -> SSL pre -> FF800 ADC
http://www.multiupload.com/PQAHKGL4P1
Archive contains additional files.

z_103be8ea.jpg

z_9b0ef435.jpg

z_c2a3fc06.jpg

z_55bd4598.jpg

I'm in for two or four depending on the price....
how much they cost?
THANKS!!!!

I never liked the sound of the ff800 preamps, and your files confirm that again hahaha, nice job all the way, too many projects on hold, but could have been nice o have some boards maybe  ::).

zayance said:
I never liked the sound of the ff800 preamps, and your files confirm that again hahaha, nice job all the way, too many projects on hold, but could have been nice o have some boards maybe  ::).
I will make the new order with a stock for you) Or i will make full assemblage if near at hand there is no necessary a component. What difference - eight or twelve.

ilfungo said:
Already have a parts list (BOM)?
Thanks
All resistors and capacitors have same values as SSL9k project, size 1206 or 0805.
Film capacitors with 15mm lead spacing. In servo use OPA2134 or OPA2132 with better perfomance and +-18V support. Don't use TL072.
Additional electrolytic capacitors for each OpAmp...
Full list and layout will be soon accessible.

Oh man these look amazing...

Is smd stuff hard to solder? I've never tried. Watching some tutorials on it right now...

How many of these fit in a 1u? what's it cost per channel roughly to complete?

Thanks!

Back