Anyone have a THAT2181 Model For LTSpice?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckus328

Really new to spice so still terrible at building symbols.  I have the thatcorp.lib from THAT, how to get that info into ltspice though is another story.  Anybody already have it in there?

You could grab my THAT models, and simply change the VCA symbol a little. Or wait until I get bored again (probably tomorrow), then I'll build you one.

Thanks bro, took me a little but finally got the model working, I don't know what the hell I was doing wrong, might have just been the location I was putting the THATCORP.lib in, I had the propper .lib text command in spice so that wasn't it, I tried just copying the THAT2181A info out of the THAT lib and putting it in its own text file and doing a .include but that didn't work either.  Ended up putting a copy of the THATCORP.lib in every folder within the LTC/lib folder, but STILL didn't work.  So deleted your model, replaced it, and BAM, finally worked.....wierd.

Anyways, I guess I really sould have THAT1243/1246 & THAT1646 models since I'm using them like everywhere now, but don't want to take the lazy route and have other people doing my work for me, really time I should know how to do this on my own.  I think I should be able to mod the symbol you gave me to work for the other chips now that I see what you did, if not maybe if you can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong might be the better course than just doing it for me.

Thanks again, was a big help.

I have the thatcorp.lib in the LTSpice /sub folder. The symbol has an include directive built in, so you shouldn't need to add any spice line.
A hint on making symbols: First add the pins (in the order they are in the lib file), then draw the symbol around them. In the attributes, add the exact name under "spice model", and the lib file (if it's in the /sub directory, you don't need the path.

Just tested it out (for "the kicks"), and LTSpice recognized it on the first try (I'm still with LTS3).

Just copy thatcorp.lib into /lib/sub folder, and that2181A.asy into /lib/sym folder. (I actually created a "THAT" subfolder within the /lib/sym).

In other words, no problems encountered whatsoever here..

Attachments

• that.png
    that.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back