Another Tube Mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamel

Based on the C12, with a Tim Campbell Capsule CT12, A Samaraudio CT12 Output transformer, and a 5719 subminiature triode, I canibalize a TLM103 Neumann, adding a duralumin tube to have enough place to insert electronic, everything is P2P, i use old tefon turret for the Hi-Z part, I design the PCB for heater(filtered and regulated), B+ (filtered with 3 RC stage and one CLC stage, adding pssibility to setup heater voltage, B+ voltage, Grid bias voltage and pattern. Sound really good for my ears ( and electric mesurement).

Many, many thanks to Jakob, Tim Campbell, Marik of SamarAudio, and all the uncles who learn to us a lot on tube stuff.....

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

I love it well done !....... Questions questions....So C12 ish circuit then....Using 103 capsule ? does that require HF de emphasis circuit ?.....very nice work

Doh! Tim Campbell CT12........sorry Im losing it......so whats left of TLM103 ? so you didnt like the TLM103 I havent read anything good about neumann mics lately I have so cant comment........

when the 103 worked, i was not in love with it's sound, but neumann ask me 500€ to repair it, smd electronics is a little bit crap, so i decide to transform it, i keep the bottom bell and the head grill (easyest to canibalyze it instead of make one)

Nice converson; I really like the way you packaged the power supply. Does it sound as good as it looks?

thank you, yes it's sound really good, i've done the first electrical tests, burning the tube, set up all the voltage, next step is doing mesurement in non reverberant room and using it during sessions i have to do next week

Enfin je vois la bête !

Very nice work Kamel ! I really love to hear how it sounds...

Amitiés, Téo

Téo,
I promise i will come soonly to Beziers with some gift for you (you see what i mean) and you 'll can play with the Mics

WOW! VERY nice job Kamel!

I like how you re-purposed the 2 best parts of the TLM103. The Duralumin tube is a nice addition, tho I'm afraid the original shock-mount is no longer strong enough...

Your 3D PtP wiring skills are impressive. Looks neat and tidy. And those little pieces teflons tubing on the component's legs shows the attention you pay to details.

If you come to see Téo in Béziers, I hope to meet you then :)

Axel

Thank you to all

Axel, it will be a pleasure to meet you, this not really the stock shock mount, it's a mix with the one Tim supply to me and the stock TLM103's one, i also keep the rubber of the original 103 PCB, cut a bakelite plate with the same dimension of the 103 PCB and fix 4 silent bloc to isolate mechanical vibration from the rest of the mic, i made some mesurement and it can support 3 kg, the mic is only 800g

if you speak about isolate the complete mic with the stand i use an old cinema system, the Ambiant floater, used when you have a 5 to 8 m boom pole, it's very efficient, i'll post picture later

Sorry! Shockmount can be confusing. I wasn't talking about the capsule mount that is obviously perfectly suited for the job, but rather of the 'elastic suspension'. (see picture)
Of course if you have an Ambient floater, this is a non-issue for you!

Axel

Attachments

• tlm103 shockmount.JPG
    tlm103 shockmount.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 5
Back