FINISHED PMEQP-1A3 in API500 format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safe as milk

hi
just finished up a few of these modules today & thought it's been a while since i
posted any of my 'hack work'...
a big thankyou to ian for the design of the filters, supplying the boards
& answering lots of really silly questions ;)
and a big thankyou to jeff steiger for the 312 boards which i then proceeded
to hack to pieces!

i used bbc input/output iron, melcor op amps from fabio way back when...
and hacked the card to be an api325 line amp.

i'll dig out the front panel file & try to post to.

pics...

Attachments

• IMG0009A.jpg
    IMG0009A.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 186
wow, i didn't expect such a great response.
thankyou very much guys.

ian-if i sent you some yellow square ones to test then
you have in's & the out's...thanks again for inspiring these.

;D

safe as milk said:
ian-if i sent you some yellow square ones to test then
you have in's & the out's...thanks again for inspiring these.

;D

You sent me a couple of the square yellow ones but also some round ones with flying leads that look rather like the other transformer I can see on your PCB or is that something else entirely?

Cheers

Ian

hi ian
yeah the yellow squares are bbc al94 1:1 outputs
and the others are bbc ll88asc 1:1 in or outs
we have a 60's pye console here with those as direct outputs
that sounds great.

i hope you find a happy valve home for them...

thanks as ever
justin

safe as milk said:
hi ian
yeah the yellow squares are bbc al94 1:1 outputs
and the others are bbc ll88asc 1:1 in or outs
we have a 60's pye console here with those as direct outputs
that sounds great.

i hope you find a happy valve home for them...

thanks as ever
justin

I recently treated myself to a decent inductance meter and spent a pleasant morning measuring the characteristics of all the transformers I could lay my hands on. The results were quite interesting and, when I have measured a couple more transformers that I expect to have in the next few days, I thought I would publish the results here. Needless to say, the BBC transformers are well specified.

Cheers

Ian

I recently treated myself to a decent inductance meter and spent a pleasant morning measuring the characteristics of all the transformers I could lay my hands on. The results were quite interesting and, when I have measured a couple more transformers that I expect to have in the next few days, I thought I would publish the results here.

I would love to see that!  How much does one have to spend on a decent inductance meter? I've looked on ebay and it seems most (of the cheap ones) don't go beyond 20 H. Too low for most transformers, yes?

dmp said:
I recently treated myself to a decent inductance meter and spent a pleasant morning measuring the characteristics of all the transformers I could lay my hands on. The results were quite interesting and, when I have measured a couple more transformers that I expect to have in the next few days, I thought I would publish the results here.

I would love to see that!  How much does one have to spend on a decent inductance meter? I've looked on ebay and it seems most (of the cheap ones) don't go beyond 20 H. Too low for most transformers, yes?

They are not cheap. I got one made by Agilent which it cost me nearly 200GBP and there plenty of more expensive ones to choose from. It goes up to 200 Henries.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back