AMEK BC-01 recap yes or no, knob caps wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djn111

Hello,

I just bought a Amek BC-01 can somebody help me with technical info schematics ?

A picture:

amekbc01.jpg

DJN

Thanx,

I contacted him he has the tech manual :) but any extra info is appreciated
, or maybe parts as you can see I am missing two channel strips.

DJN

Hello,

Today I received the Amek BC01, Collin has the tech manual, so I can start checking it and give a really good clean.

And maybe some repairs.

It turns out it is different form the BC2 and the BC3 in one very important way, the mic/line has a Sowter input transformer, and the groups 1/2 (L/R) en 3/4 a Sowter output transformer.

And a other thing I really liked NE5534 signetics :) the old ones.

A other very positive thing, in the picture there is missing a channel, when I received it, it has 6 mic/line channels, and 1 stereo. so it has all it's channel, also a Amek TAC 500 power supply was included :) sometimes life can be good.

I like peoples opinion on the recapping of the channel strips. I thinking of getting it working first and work from that if I like what I hear, I might keep it like it is.

The power supply is working and by the looks of it, is serviced recently. Nice new capacitors, and some new regulators (TO-3). I will check with my scope how much ripple comes out.

Any comment, remarks feel free :)

DJN

This is great! And with transformers too!
;D
I'd say, get it to work first, hook everything up, figure your sends/returns, pinouts etc.
Give it some time to get used to it's sound, then you can start recapping/modding and such, so when you do something you could be sure how it affects the sound.

Back