L31267, T1310, LI1166 transformers use

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31267 is a nice line to transistor input x-former (Neve)
10K:2.4K impedance ratio.
You could flip it around and use it as a mic to tube grid x-former perhaps.
(LA2a,Pultec, API....)

LO 1166 is a gapped output transformer, good for Neve Class A stuff.
(1073)
Might work as an API output also.

Don't know the specs on the 1310.

The T1310 is not a transformer, but rather a large inductor. It is big, but only measures about 650mH on my meter, so I'm guessing it's a gapped design??? Neve used this bugger in place of the gapped 1166 output transformer on the class-A output stages whenever they wanted an unbalanced output from a module (like an aux module, etc...). This inductor gave the output stage the load it wanted to see and then the actual output signal would be taken from the collector of the 2N3055 transistor (pin F on the BA183/283 card).

Build some class-A Neve's... some with the LI1166's and other with the T1310 loading the output stage with an api 2503 or the like balancing the pin F output. I've done both, and they are both fabulous, and very different.

The 31267 can be wired reverse using a single primary and single secondary for 1:2 ratio that essentially equals the 10468 wired series/series as Neve did for their mic preamps. Joe Malone has excellent info for this on his site.

Peace,

JC

Thanks ! :thumb:

Without suited iron nearby I want to power up a post-stage to have at look at the operating point. So wanted to put at least something i.s.o. a primary or that coil.

Regards,

Peter

Latest posts

Back