Ramsa Wr 130 overhaul and mod *Advise needed*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berkleystudios

So my studio partner was just handed a Ramsa Wr 130 and he has given it to me to mod and overhaul. im always down to get some diy and solder fumes flowin so it figure id give it a shot.

the plan is to make this mixer have direct outs for each channel, replace all JRC4558 OA for a more modern counter part ( something clean, open for suggestions since that seems to be a debate!), possibly put a neve style output tranny( cant find much info on what is in it though.)

if this isnt possible i want to take out each channel strip and make a stand alone pre and eq. but would need advise on how to figure out how much power that circuit would need.

also if anyone could source a schematic for refernce that would be awesome. my searches have come up empty...

thanks again guys! look forward to hearing from yall. i think this will be a fun one

as for the over haul im trying to figure out the problem. there is some corrosion inside (mainly on the OA) ground is the only thing that works haha. the board powers on and i get movement in the meters when i adjust eqs, faders, and gain, etc. pins 2 and 3 of the xlrs do not have any current going to the main outs or even to the faders... but on every channel strip?

Latest posts

Back