Credit Card Sized Bluetooth Gamepad

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

survient

Hello Everybody! So I've dabbled with minor electronic repairs over the years and have a basic understanding of how they work, but haven't really had a need to sit down and build a project up from scratch until now. As I've dug around the net for the past few years I've seen some interesting ideas with credit card sized remotes, and bluetooth gamepads primarily designed to be portable for mobile phones and other devices. What I haven't seen though is a design that builds on these two elements. From looking up articles on a few topics such as 3d printing, self made printed PCBS(using laser toner), and building your own bluetooth devices using available prebuilt transmitters, I think it might be doable from a DIY perspective. However, I only have a limited knowledge of electronics, so I wanted to pass this idea by a few others with more experience to see if I'm in over my head or not.

What I've brainstormed so far:

- a printed PCB at the core
- attaches to a 3rd party bluetooth transmitter(the kind you can find on some diy hobby sites)
- a membrane on the front that houses the buttons