MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing.  Every bit as beautiful as the original. 

In the first pictures from this thread, it appeared a brass color.  Is this a brass body with a finish?

Hi Max...

I've been following this thread with great interest for a long time...as I'm sure many have.

Great to see it coming to fruition.

When you say  "everything" included, did you also mean the tubes? If so, which particular ones?

Very exciting. Well done on a spectacular project.

-W

Yup, those are the business.
And they have been improved, too.
A couple of years ago they were already of a high quality, but they had a bowler hat top. Flea corrected that by flattening the top and they did it in a very smooth way.
Also, the top cross bar was too round and thin. That has been corrected now, too.
This is a serious replica headbasket.

Henk

i've been checking up here for what seems like forever on this... Now that it's almost here, why do i get the feeling that somethings going to happen to drain my funds right when it arrives... whoomp whoomp  :-\

I assume i'm on the list.. right? anyone know where the list is lol

A) so either there will be more than 25 kits
B) or maybe there will be at least more than 25 of this output transformer ...after all, this seems to be the part in the kit that beats every other U47-ish mic that has been before, right?
Somewhere a few pages back I wrote I want one of these kits - let's see how ioaudio will distribute the 25 mics amongst the starved crowd. I still want one of these.

Thanks guys ... I'm happy you like it.

>>Give us a ballpark on price?
Very soon.

>>Whats the body finish? Is that matt nickel or its anodized aluminum?
The mic body is brass, bead-blasted and nickel-plated

>>When you say  "everything" included, did you also mean the tubes? If so, which particular ones?
Although tube selection is always critical and preferences differ, i will include a pair of 6028 tubes to get you started.
I might sell burned-in and tested tubes at a later point.

>>Max: do you plan to make more kits after the 25 kits runs??

Yes. After the initial 25 which will be for sale midlle of next week, 25 more will follow as soon as FLEA has the headbaskets ready.
We see how this goes and I'll hopefully manufacture more after that.
I'll plan to stock up on more Bv.08's too.

Congratulations Max; that is a fine looking  (and I bet fine sounding) piece of work.  I hope you are very proud and thank you for going to so much effort; greatly appreciated !!

Awesome work Max!  :D
Count me in for one...

ioaudio said:
Yes. After the initial 25 which will be for sale midlle of next week, 25 more will follow as soon as FLEA has the headbaskets ready.
We see how this goes and I'll hopefully manufacture more after that.
I'll plan to stock up on more Bv.08's too.

... and btw today is the middle of "next" week!
weeeeeeeeeeeeee  ;D

Thanks for the kind words!
Unfortunately, there will be another small delay before the MK-U47 will be available.
The good news is that FLEA already started the production on the second batch, so it looks like the whole 50 pcs will become available within 2 weeks.
This also gives me some time to prepare the build documentation.

I'd like one as well...
Any information about pricing, though ? I know the question has been asked again and again, but even a very very wide range could help me knowing what kind of fight i'm getting into with my banker.

Denis

EDIT : Banker told me "no", so i'm going to cancel... for now.

Latest posts

Back