M49c Build p2p in Flea body.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure that it will be an upgrade. I like U47 (and Flea47) a lot better with M7.
I like m7s as well, but some Flea 47s with the stock capsule just sound weird. They have a big dip in the presence range (around 5k) that makes them smooth, yes, but also very soft and colored not in a good way.

I like m7s as well, but some Flea 47s with the stock capsule just sound weird. They have a big dip in the presence range (around 5k) that makes them smooth, yes, but also very soft and colored not in a good way.
I've only heard them with Theirsch M7. Nowadays I think they use their own M7.

How does a Thiersch M7 compare to your vintage M7 reskinned by him? Have you had the chance to compare?

I like M7's too. Sort of wish there was something inbetween the 3U and Thiersh blueline, both of which I have experience with. I love the low end bloom of the Thiersh, but like the smoothness of the 3u in the high end. Maybe it's the Redline I want.

Anyway, would love to hear the results of your test.

I have two new Chinese M49 bodies that don't fit with any of the current round pcbs
I recently bought two of those Chineese M49 bodies and one with Binder, fits 60mmØ Disks/PCB's.
Hit out David (@TLRT ) he has rectangle PCB's for those Chineese bodies and also sold me nice acrylic disks that he made for my other Binder body. ;)

M

Attachments

• 284B9C59-6EF0-48DB-9086-B003F3FA6917.jpeg
    284B9C59-6EF0-48DB-9086-B003F3FA6917.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 3F3331A2-FD5E-4BB2-8857-C9DC171F6D9C.jpeg
    3F3331A2-FD5E-4BB2-8857-C9DC171F6D9C.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I recently bought two of those Chineese M49 bodies and one with Binder fits 60mmØ Disk/PCB.
Hit out David (@TLRT ) he has rectangle PCB's for those Chineese bodies and also sold me nice acrylic disks that he made for my other Binder body. ;)

M
Yes I do square ptp panels for those smaller m49 bodies

Attachments

• IMG_20240224_205352.jpg
    IMG_20240224_205352.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 0
Also, PTFE is more toxic than FR4 turret material. Is there an advantage for the Hi Z section in using PTFE?
PTFE is actually not really toxic. The production process with these Poly and Perfluoralkyl compounds "PFAS" and contamination of the soil or groundwater with these ecologically non-degradable substances "forever chemicals" is the problem. Substances such as Perfluorooctanoic acid ... have been far too little investigated for human and environmental toxicology. In Belgium alone, 3M has to invest 10 billion !!! euros to recultivate highly contaminated groundwater in the area of a PTFE production factory. Incredible sums, but also a multi billion-dollar business for the recycling industry. Gendorf/Trostberg in Germany/Bavaria is also under big Observation of the German Gouvernement. Most Deer like Wild Pigs in the surrounding area of dozen kilometer circle are contaminated and forbidden to eat.... All airports with proven halon extinguishing operations are also under fire from the authorities. These “PFAS” scandals are reaching unprecedented proportions. It is an exploding scandal worldwide and happens if science is not done properly....
I think it is a good time to buy the last available PTFE coated Frying pans 😂 For people who are interested in this subject:
https://www.lemonde.fr/en/les-decod...of-europe-s-pfas-contamination_6016905_8.html

Last edited:
PTFE is not really necessary,standard Plexiglas has minimum 30Kv per mm dielectric strength and super high surface resistivity

K47 has one diaphragm connected only(those are k49 which one side out of specs)
there were originally 3 designations according to martin schneider. a u47fet capsule only has one usable side in spec. a k47 is good enough for the cardioid and omni, but not good enough for figure 8. a k49 is good enough for figure 8. this was simplified to 2 later and then 1.

there were originally 3 designations according to martin schneider. a u47fet capsule only has one usable side in spec. a k47 is good enough for the cardioid and omni, but not good enough for figure 8. a k49 is good enough for figure 8. this was simplified to 2 later and then 1.
@soliloqueen, didn’t you have plans to do a vintage Neumann style (not flat) K49 capsule? Is that still in the works?

@soliloqueen, didn’t you have plans to do a vintage Neumann style (not flat) K49 capsule? Is that still in the works?
It's done. We're going into production after I finish setting up ARTA. I'm planning for it to be a little bit more of a premium capsule and it's going to be our first fully serialized run (ideally)
1000004607.jpg

It's done. We're going into production after I finish setting up ARTA. I'm planning for it to be a little bit more of a premium capsule and it's going to be our first fully serialized run (ideally)
View attachment 123688
SOOO gorgeous Ari. Wowzah! So beyond pumped for the release. Any idea of the timeline? Sign me up for a handful lol. Ill throw it right into this m49 to test.

Latest posts

Back