• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

API Summing box (1970's )

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalmaproductions

Hi,
Up for sale I have a API summing box. This is the exact design from "Classic Audio Products of Illinois" shop by Jeff Steiger.

The circuit is a recreation of the vintage API ACA circuit including the use of 2x Ed Anderson 2623-4 balancing output transformers, 2x Ed Anderson 2503's, and 4x huntington 2520's (gar2520). This circuit is basically straight out of the summing section of a 1970's API mixing desk. There are no pan pots or level control except the final ouput level.

As you can see in the pictures there is room for customization for the buyer such as:
- You can choose if you want all stereo. Or choose how many center channels
- You can choose if you want an output pot
- You can choose to have an insert for 2 bus processing
- You can choose to have Main out XLR's as well as Monitor Out XLR's

The unit is ready for any of these options, just needs to be setup.

Item ships from Portugal. 100% ebay and gearslutz feedback! Asking for 650eur

summing0.JPG

summing1.JPG

summing2.JPG

summing3.JPG

summing4.JPG

Cheers

I'm no expert on the subject of vintage DOA's but here the info I have off CAPI website:

"This board has been designed by Gary Barnett of Barnett Industries. Gary has built upon the reverse engineering work of Peter Lazaro, better know as “Peter Purpose”. This DOA is a nine transistor amplifier modeled after API’s legendary, mid ‘70’s, Studio Systems/Huntington era 2520. ......... Sonically, it’s hair-splittingly close to a vintage Huntington 2520 which is amazing if you consider the “modern component” phenomenon. "

Yes, it's definitley like the Studio Systems Division version. I personally can't audibly tell the difference between the different versions anyway.

Latest posts

Back