who doesn't like pink floyd

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda sorta don't like em.

Everybody worships dark side - I was born too late '62 and don't get it.
I've always gone for the more energetic and spirited. - Stones Frampton Boston...

While I like meddle, I generally relate floyd to gray skies.

Lunatic is great however.  8)

I like 'em and I don't ... on the whole I find it too cerebral and lacking in visceral excitement.

I can dig it if I'm in the mood, but it's rare.

"The Wall" was huge when I was in the 8th grade. I don't think I've played the record since I was in college. I do have this vivid memory of college friends borrowing my guitar amp so they could use it for the audio while watching the Bob Geldof-lead movie version. Those friends also thought it was hilarious to be on mescaline at the time; I just had to leave.

Anyways, I'm one of those assholes who thinks that Pink Floyd ended when Syd retired, although I really do like "Wish You Were Here" and "Meddle." It's just not really the same band.

-a

Was division bell without waters ? Was Gilmour more responsible for the
more accessible material ? I don't mind them to the point that I never bought any of their stuff
[ or downloaded it ]  but Gilmore is one of reasonably few gtr players with their own sound
and undeniable feel .

All the floyd albums contain both songs I really like, AND songs that I find annoying to hear, or songs that are just utterly boring. But I find "The Division Bell"  boring in it's entirety. And the sound of the drums....... Aaaarrrggghhh. I don't mind electronic drums at all, but with PF I just want to hear a real drumkit.
I'm told that "The Division Bell" is mainly from the hand of Gilmour..... well, then I absolutely prefer the solo albums of David Gilmour.

Back to PF: Meddle rules. In my not so humble opinion of course ! :)

Latest posts

Back