TC M5000 Display

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananahead

Hi ppl!

Yesterday I got a faulty TC M5000 which booted up but had (has) a weird display problem.

I opened it up and found a completely shot PSU, recapped it and hoped it would solve the problem (I've had displays acting up before, which was solved with a recap)
It looks like this on every page. What's your best guess? A faulty 2 x 40 display, faulty drivers, still a power problem??

IMG_20240507_224650093_HDR.jpg

More likely the display itself, i'd say. Is it a "self-contained" 2x40?

Not sure what you mean with self contained?

Have removed the front plate but haven't disassembled the boards from each other yet. Behind the front plate you find of a couple of boards (display, encoders etc.) screwed to each other. Very serviceable, compared to other stuff.

A generic 2 x 40 is coming my way in a couple of days. Looks like the pins on the board is directly soldered to the display so it'll be an exercise getting everything loose.

Last edited:
If you are replacing the display I would recommend getting the data sheet for both the display being removed & the new display. Sometimes the pin out on the connections can vary slightly & if you connect wrongly you potentially can blow the new display. Don't ask me how I know ......

If you are replacing the display I would recommend getting the data sheet for both the display being removed & the new display. Sometimes the pin out on the connections can vary slightly & if you connect wrongly you potentially can blow the new display. Don't ask me how I know ......

Yes. I'll check at least where the power connects.
The one I bought for replacement is a cheapo no name. I guess most screens are cheapos nowdays

Attachments

• JHD402A-E-1.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Back