• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: EF14 Tube - Mic Grade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftune

Im repairing a Telefunken U47 M with the EF14 tube, it seems the tube has gone bad. Telefunken does not stock replacements.

Is anyone out there selling tested mic grade EF14 tubes? maybe one of the boutique mic manufacturers? i realize there are some on ebay but i worry they might not be low noise enough for a mic.

anyone have a source for one?

You could try: http://www.pelusomicrophonelab.com/parts/Tubes.html

Personally I had a bad experience because the tube he sent me was to noisy.
John offered to send me a new one once he got the first one back, but it never showed up
and he didn't respond to my mails about it  :mad:
This was some years ago and I felt screwed, but what the heck...
I still consider him a big name in the business that I would trust, even if I was unlucky.

Good luck!!
//Magnus

A friend of mine has a spare m stamped one, last i know he was holding to it but i can ask him.

Regards,

Pierre

What does a "m stamped" mean in regards to an EF14?
I know what it means to a VF14.
What am I missing?

Regards
//M

I was considering buying peluso , so emailed and left phone message wanting to know a few details
[ like what exactly they do in house  to basic chinese mics ] they never responded what so ever.
I took that as an admission of guilt , others may say they're merely too busy for small orders, but
If you can't back up the claims ................

Sorry de gris i tough he was looking for the vf 14 m from the original telefunken.  My mistake.

i emailed peluso about a noise tested mic grade EF14 tube and they emailed me back within a couple hours.

I deal in tubes but I don't know of anyone that screens EF14s for microphone use.  Peluso may, but they never responded to me after I bought a shoddy $200 M49 shock mount from them so I wouldn't recommend them.  Find a seller that offers a guarantee which will allow you to run the tube in your mic for 4 days.  When running it, periodically check for noise.  Gently tap the body of the mic to make sure there are no lingering microphonics.  If it passes those tests, you should be good to go.  Also, beware of the many used/reboxed pieces out there.  If you see an auction and need a professional opinion, PM me a link and I'll tell you if it looks like a safe bet or not.

I have a few ef14's and they've been tested by Ben Sneezby of Bees Neez Mics. I believe they'll be low noise enough if you're interested.

hi everyone, thank you so much for the replies. for this case i have sourced a noise screened tube through Peluso, but thanks again to everyone for your generous offers, i may take you up in the future!

Latest posts

Back