• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB short 1mm screw for mic capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nielsk

Trying to finish an Equinox 47 build, the backing plate screw for the capsule was missing from the kit.
No love at all trying to get one from them...
It seems to be 1mm, probably needs to be pretty short as it only attaches a lead. 5mm or less?
No luck with any of the local resources.

If anyone has one that may work it would be greatly appreciated!

...Did you try the back set of drawers at Skycraft, Neils?

I've picked them up there before now... This is away from the majority of the hardware... at the back of the store, next to the bathroom?

It's been a while, so if you're making a special trip. I'd call the girls at the front of the store to double check that they still have that set of drawers...

SSLtech said:
I'd call the girls at the front of the store to double check that they still have that set of drawers...

Sounds like an old College Dorm prank!  :D
A local jeweller or watch maker may be have some small ones.

Oh, yes... that cabinet has only SAE, no metric these days, and mostly #2
The metric there starts at 2.5. I actually have several of the Chinese "Apex" try screws, none of those fit. They seem to be 1.5mm

Thanks for an excellent suggestion (the assortment is nice as I am guessing at this being M1, if anyone knows for sure that would be a big help) and a viable option,  BUT, spending $20+ and waiting  for slow boat international shipping for one tiny screw is something I was hoping to avoid...
Does anyone know who made the capsules for Equinox? Maybe that is an angle for approach...

Latest posts

Back