Another Neumann V475-2 Summing Box - Project inkl. Preamp-Peep-Show

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barthman.de

A short while ago I racked up my last preamps. So after years of work  ::)  I now have time to train for a super marathon run through the nice mountains of Thuringia - called "Rennsteig".  Because I have a training break today there comes up the following idea...

These preamps are a great font-end for recording, but all these preamps can handle line - levels too, why not combine them to a summing amp with a lot of iron inside ;) So you can better envisage this idea, I show you the starting situation:

preamps.jpg

2x siemens V276, 6x RFZV471c, 6x RFT MV810, 4x V676d (ok, these rack was not build by myself), 2x Gyratech G9, 4x Telefunken V672, 2x Siemens V72, 2x Telefunken V72t

At first a big thank to Frank Roellen @ http://www.frontpanels.de , he made these great front panels based on my drawings.

So, back to the project. I have a Neumann V475-2 (no a,b or c) summing amp, a RTW Peak-Meter and a poor self made Phase Correlation Meter  which I want to build together in a 2 HE rack. The summing amp should have the following configuration:

- 8 channels, going to left and right, with Mono - Switch and level adjustment (pan law)
- 24 channels, going to left and right
- option, to tab the passive sum before it goes to the summing amp (so I could use two preamps for summing too)
- switchable / connectible Master - Insert
- PAD or active gain - stage ? on Master Out

Signal flow: I/O's ->Patchbay (as insert-point for preamps and other outboard) ->Summing Amp

What do you think about this idea, have I something forgotten?

As a first step I made a drawing of the summing network lone:

summing_network.png

Could this work? (normal summing resistor is 5k11; I added 2k4 for Mono-Mode, is this right?)

Thank you for your support.

Latest posts

Back