jensen speaker out to line level out question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

can someone take a look at this-

http://www.jensentransformers.com/as/as061.pdf

in the notes it states:

if no other load is connected to the amplifier and it is a vacuum tube type, connect a suitable load resistor across J1. This will prevent possible amplifier damage.

Considering it is drawn without a load resistor, am I to assume that this is safe to use in conjunction with a speaker? My thought would be to build this circuit into a box that has a "through" jack, so the speaker output goes from the amp to the box, then from the box to the speaker cabinet. The two jacks can be wired then tip to tip and sleeve to sleeve, right?

seems like a good little utility box to have, since I have all the free time in the world since winning the lottery and am quickly tiring with ashing my cigar in my man servant ramone's open mouth, I figure I'll start 30 more projects I dont have time to finish...

dave

> this is safe to use in conjunction with a speaker?

Yes.

In fact tube amps won't have quite the same sound with resistor as with speaker load, and you may prefer the speaker load.

cool, thats exactly what Im looking for. Wiring the through jack will work just tip to tip and sleeve to sleeve with the circuit hanging off the input jack? Also, does the input jack need to be isolated from the chasis? (I guess I'll find that out soon enough...

prr, is that a new pooch in your avatar?

dave

Latest posts

Back