Pultec EQP1A filter with Neve amp stage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepdark

Hi there

Quick one. If I would like to use a neve amp stage, is the BA283 a good choice? I know it's actually the output stage on the 1073, right after the eq insert, so my guess is yes. But, will it be able to drive it at 600ohm or I would need an interstage transformer? And, would it be Wise to add some decoupling caps in there?

Thanks guys

neve_b2.gif

or, maybe simpler, the stock opam^p circuit used after each eq stage in the 1073, as linked. Maybe it would be a better candidate.

I just built exactly that about 3 months ago.  I had some of Fabios Neve out boards which I used.  They have a 10k pot which is useful for adjust the make up gain so it is correct.  It works fine as is & sounds good.

Don't know the fabios design, but I guess he basically wired the wiper of the 10K to the 10Uf tantalum (input of the BA283), one leg to the ground and the other side to the output of the filter stage? You used BC184 and 2N3055 or substitute?

Deepdark said:
Don't know the fabios design, but I guess he basically wired the wiper of the 10K to the 10Uf tantalum (input of the BA283), one leg to the ground and the other side to the output of the filter stage? You used BC184 and 2N3055 or substitute?

Yes a 10k log feeding the input cap.  I used BC184c & 2N3055.

Latest posts

Back