Script

Re: GSSL add-on help thread
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »
Which mode on multimeter? AC?
I attached the SSC Board in good resultion... There is one 47K for OFF and one going to return...

Audio signal is AC. And thanks for the pictture of the SSC filter board. Two 47Ks indeed. Follow traces.. One goes to a 22uf cap and from there to EXT (comp external SC input). And the other one ?

Osaki ni shitsurei shimasu.

TimKR

« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2021, 03:25:19 PM »
Audio signal is AC. And thanks for the pictture of the SSC filter board. Two 47Ks indeed. Follow traces.. One goes to a 22uf cap and from there to EXT (comp external SC input). And the other one ?

Osaki ni shitsurei shimasu.
... take your time :D

The other one... IC1 PIN 1, 22uf to 47k to Return
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 06:43:15 PM by TimKR »

TimKR

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »
... take your time :D

The other one... IC1 PIN 1, 22uf to 47k to Return

With multimeter in ac, black probe on ground and red behind 47K to return i don't get any different readings when switching through sc settings and tl tm adjusting is like dead... No changes in voltage or on db meter.. M

Script

« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2021, 01:34:04 AM »
OK, that's cos of your grounding scheme. Leave that for now. Instead, connect the black probe to the ground of the SSC board -- for instance by sticking the probe, if it fits, into the 0V of the crimp connector (on left side of board).

P.S.: If interested, for grounding the GSSL you could start read here for example: https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=31116.0. Question : Audio ground connected to starground, YES or NO ? -- And if connected, then only at ONE point to avoid ground loop hum).

TimKR

« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2021, 03:38:19 AM »
OK, that's cos of your grounding scheme. Leave that for now. Instead, connect the black probe to the ground of the SSC board -- for instance by sticking the probe, if it fits, into the 0V of the crimp connector (on left side of board).

P.S.: If interested, for grounding the GSSL you could start read here for example: https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=31116.0. Question : Audio ground connected to starground, YES or NO ? -- And if connected, then only at ONE point to avoid ground loop hum).

Yes my grounding is like you described - should be fine...

Gonna test with 0V at the ssc board later. Thanks so far

TimKR

« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2021, 05:35:34 AM »
Back by popular demand ???

Everything works properly now...

The problem was that i soldered the lorlin switch like in the pcb grinder documentation, but it didn't matched my front panel labeling. So i resoldered the switch to match the labeling and everything is fine now!

Thanks again for your help Script

Script

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2021, 10:20:48 AM »
Happy compressing  :)